yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

If you’re wondering how to celebrate this Halloweekend (and you don’t have your social calendar handy), fear not—Her Campus has got you covered! From concerts and plays to parties and pregames, we’ve got the scoop on all the ghastliest events on campus! ;)

HRG&SP Presents: Ruddigore; or, The Witch’s Curse

Hosted by the Harvard-Radcliffe Gilbert & Sullivan Players. Agassiz Theater, 2:00 PM or 8:00 PM.

Join the Harvard-Radcliffe Gilbert & Sullivan Players as we bring this classic, hilarious, and spooky tale to life in the historic Agassiz Theatre.

Many years ago, a witch cursed the Baronets of Ruddigore to commit a crime every day …or else die in agony. The Baronet Sir Ruthven has lived as “Robin Oakapple” for many years, avoiding the demands of the curse so he might seek love with the beautiful but shy Rose Maybud. But when his deception is revealed, he falls under the horrible curse. Ghostly portraits come to life, angry ancestors appear, and true love is tested!

2:00 PM Saturday October 31st (Milk and Cookies Matinee)

8:00 PM Saturday October 31st (Evening Showing)

Admission: $15 general admission; $10 for students and seniors.

The 96th Annual Montage Concert

Hosted by the Harvard University Bands. Sanders Theater, 8:00 PM.

Celebrate Halloween with the Harvard University Bands! Featuring the Harvard Jazz Bands, the Harvard Wind Ensemble, and the Harvard University Band. Come for the spooky tunes and excellent musicianship, stay for candy, costumes, and crescendoes!

Admission: $5 general admission; $2 with HUID. Tickets available through the Harvard Box Office or through members of the Harvard University Bands.

Nightmare on Dunster Street

Hosted by Kirkland House. Kirkland House, 8:00 PM.

Featuring the ghost of John Thornton Kirkland, pizza, pizza, pizza, kegs, ciders, kegs, ciders, martinellis, and a party! Win prizes for the pumpkin carving contest as well as the costume contest at 9, featuring celebrity judges!

Admission is free. HUID required for entry.

Haunted Hall

Hosted by the The Harvard College Events Board – CEB, First-Year Social Committee – 2019, Harvard Undergraduate Council, and Cambridge Queen’s Head. Memorial Hall, 8:00 PM.

Join us for a collaboration of monstrous proportions!

·      8:00 PM – The doors of the Cambridge Queen’s Head will open. Students can enjoy free food and Halloween-themed mocktails. Fall beer & wine selection available for purchase for 21+. You must present a valid government-issued ID. 

·      9:00 PM – A costume “catwalk” and contest will take the pub stage. Show up early to register with your friends! 

·      10:30 PM – The doors of Annenberg will be opened to the college for a dance with a DJ. HUDS will be providing food, themed drinks, and perhaps most importantly, candy! 

·      11:00 PM – Take a break from dancing to catch the The Ex Feds in the pub until 12:30 AM.

The pub will be open until 1:00 AM, and the dance will end at 2:00 AM! There will be popcorn, cider, dancing, and a Halloween green-screen Photo Booth for you and your friends! Come join us and make this Halloween a memorable one!

Admission is free. Harvard College ID Required. Costumes encouraged. 

Pancakes and Pong

Hosted by the Harvard South Asian Association Community. Currier Treehouse, 9:00 PM.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Join the Harvard South Asian Association Community for our annual Halloween pregame. There will be pong…and pancakes…!

COSTUME CONTEST:So dress to impress. Winners get a special prize!

Admission is free.

Delayed Gratification: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Hosted by the Harvard Ballroom Dance Team. Quincy 614, 10:00 PM.

Come turn up with HBDT at our post-showcase and Halloween party!! All friends are welcome! :)

Admission is free. Costumes suggested, letting loose required!

Yehong Zhu '18 is a joint philosophy and government concentrator in Mather House. Her writing has been featured on Forbes, Slate, Thought Catalog, Business Insider, The Crimson, The Harvard Independent, and The Harvard Political Review. When she's not busy writing, she can be found downing chai tea lattes, exploring the quaint college town of Cambridge, Massachusetts, and philosophizing about life, love, and the universe. Say hi at yehongzhu@college.harvard.edu.
harvard contributor