Get UNREAL with Her Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Last Tuesday, I received twelve consecutive emails with the subject line “You have just received a package!” from my House mail center. Then, my building manager decided to cut his losses and alert me that I had received “a very large shipment of boxes” and, since it’s prime textbook-shipping season, encouraged me to clear them out as soon as possible.

I bounded out of my suite as quickly as I had entered it to retrieve the packages, and suddenly found myself face to face with this pile of over nearly forty weighty boxes, one of which was a skirt I’d ordered, and the other thirty-something of which were full of … chocolate.

Any sane person’s dream come true, right? Thousands of chocolate products with her name and mailbox number scribbled all over them? I thought so too, until almost four hours had passed and our little team of three was still lugging the boxes over to my entryway and up four flights of stairs.

That truly “unreal” experience kicked off Her Campus – Harvard’s “Get Unreal” campaign, a pretty sweet (pun intended) partnership that has provided our chapter with a whopping 10,000 samples of some of the most popular UNREAL Candy products. As some of you may remember from Harvard-Yale giveaways, UNREAL has unjunked some of America’s favorite treats, eliminating the hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives (which, the founders were rightfully appalled to learn, weren’t actually there to improve the taste, but to lower production costs!). Instead, UNREAL uses more of the good stuff — more cacao, real caramel, and more peanuts, protein, and fiber — and produces it all at a cost comparable to that of standard candies, so that consumers have a new option to satisfy their sweet tooth without breaking their budget.

In my humble opinion (based on a healthy sampling from the insane number of chocolate goodies crowding up my common room — I’m so sorry, roommates!), UNREAL has a downright delicious line of products, and a pretty cool background story to boot. And it turns out that the likes of Matt Damon, Tom Brady, John Legend, and other reviewers with substantially more clout than I, have already chosen to Get Unreal. Her Campus invites you to do the same this month: be on the lookout for samples at Brain Break, in your dining halls, and around campus at our upcoming events!

Michelle is a senior at Harvard College hailing from Long Island, New York. She is pursuing a degree in Comparative Literature with a minor in English and special focus fields in sleep deprivation and procrastination. At any given moment, you are most likely to find her racking up points on her Starbucks Gold Card, writing by the Charles River, or stalking Boo's latest photo shoot. Michelle couldn't be more excited to be part of the Her Campus team and bring HC to life on Harvard's campus, and she would love to hear from you with any feedback!