Clare McClintock ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

There are hundreds—thousands—of extraordinary people walking Harvard campus every single day. Clare McClintock, a freshman, is no exception. Her accomplishments are multiple and quite varied. A few months ago, Clare was voted one of the 15 Hottest Harvard Freshmen (obviously a beauty), but she would probably say her more valued honor is that of Academic Scholar with Distinction. Given to in-season athletes who earn a GPA of 3.9 or above, Clare was one of only three other field hockey players in the entire Ivy League to receive this accolade. Below, this incredible collegiette answers a few questions about her time here at Harvard.

Tell us a bit about yourself!

I’m going to be in Dunster next year and I’m leaning towards concentrating in Applied Math–but I’m not 100% certain yet. In my free time I love being outside, especially now that it’s getting a little warmer.

What are your plans for this summer?

I will be at home and working this summer.

What has been your favorite class  at Harvard so far?

I really loved CS50. I knew no computer science before I took it, and it was so interesting to learn how programming works.

What was your favorite moment from your field hockey season?

My favorite moment was when we beat Columbia in OT for our last game of the season. It was a pretty exciting way to end the season. 

What is one thing you’d like to do before graduation?

Before graduation I would like to go abroad either during summer or winter break. I feel like the opportunity to travel can disappear really quickly after college.