Blog

• Why I Chose Harvard

By now some of you prefrosh will have already made your choice on what college you want to be at for the next four years. Some of you will...

• HCH Body Week: Flat Bottomed Girls

Last year, a guy friend of mine told me that guys care more about a girl’s body than her face. I was shocked and felt wronged to learn that...

• Things Less Useless than Boys

“Boys are useless” sighs my roommate during a crowded lunch in Adam’s dining hall. I look up from my tom~bas~rav and note her eyes peering...

• In Defense of Valentine's Day

Although I have never had my life work out such that Valentine’s Day and me having a significant other fall at the same time, I have never...

• Those F***ing Cake Pops

By now, everyone has seen that deliciously easy-looking Buzzfeed Food video, “Cake Pops Four Ways,” somewhere on their facebook timeline. I...

• Sketches of a City

While I was interning in Beijing this past January, I loved the all little experiences that made the city come to life. Traveling always...

• How To: Build a Better To-Do List

My favorite way to procrastinate is to do things that make me feel like I’m not procrastinating. Things that fall into this category:...

• Unaffiliated

Not why you shouldn't join anything, but why you don't have to

• Cliffs and Recruitment

How was I supposed to know whether or not I would like to be in a sorority when my only concept of sisterhood came from the opening scenes of Legally Blonde? Eventually, I decided that I was neither pink, giddy, nor girly enough to ever join “one of those clubs.” By the time recruitment came around, I was adamant that I would never join; my stubborn misconception of Greek life convinced me that I’d never fit in a sorority, and recruitment would be a waste of time.

• Go Greek and Think Theta!

Kappa Alpha Theta is the oldest sorority in the country and the oldest at Harvard. As we head into our 23rd year on campus, our Zeta Xi chapter of Theta has a clearly defined character: we are a group of fun-loving Harvard women who come together to create a space where friendship is prioritized above all else.

• Sweet Home Delta Gamma

When her advisor questioned her ability to get into Harvard, Elle Woods defended herself: “I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything.” I’ve never had to judge a tighty-whitey contest, but just as Elle experienced with Delta Nu, Delta Gamma has prepared me to succeed both in college and in life better than anything else has (fun fact: Elle was actually a member of Delta Gamma in the novel!).