Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

An Open Letter to My Younger Self

By Marwa Harp
February 26, 2014 - 9:00am

Dear younger self, READ MORE

Blake Lee '16

By Halie LeSavage
February 25, 2014 - 9:00am

With midterms approaching and more snow in the forecast, Harvard is looking a little gray--luckily, we have a cutie from California to brighten things up. (But sorry ladies, he's taken.) Introducing this week's Campus Cutie, Blake Lee!  Year: 2016 House: Quincy Hometown: La Jolla, CA Concentration: Government Relationship Status: In a relationship Describe yourself in three words: Hair, Stutter, Beach READ MORE

The 7 Types of Procrastination

By Catherine Bousquet
February 24, 2014 - 5:11pm

All of us have been some of these during our college career. Some of us have been all of them. True champs have been all of these in one night.   1. The Brain Breaker You’ve scoped out brain breaks at all of the upperclassman houses. In fact, you laugh at (and pity) your friends who don’t know that houses have longer brain break hours than Annenberg. You’re pushing the slang word “procrastineat” harder than Gretchen Wieners pushed “fetch”.   2. The Caffeinater READ MORE

Casual Chic!

By Lejla Skokic
February 24, 2014 - 5:04pm

Feeling adventurous? Spice up your style with different fabrics! Callie Gilbert does a great job of combining a leather and denim button-up with green leather jeans and shiny silver sneakers. Whether you’re walking through the Science Center, or hopping from one final club to the next, this outfit is sure to get heads turning and people talking. READ MORE

12 Things You Realize When You Move from Southern California to Boston

By Aubrey Stoddard
February 24, 2014 - 4:00pm

Los Angeles is arguably the epitome of “West Coast,” while Boston ranks up there with New York City for the title of “Classic East Coast.” So what’s it like to make the move from the Golden State to the home of the American Revolution? Well, I can tell you that it is definitely a transition. You learn a few things. 1.    There is no Mexican food like SoCal Mexican food. On a whole, what passes for “Mexican” food here is abysmal. Bean burritos made with refried bean paste? NOT Mexican food. My dining hall recently served a dark green paste with the label of guacamole. I would bet 1,000 carnitas tacos that there were no avocados harmed in the making of that “guacamole.” (And if you don’t know what ‘carnitas’ is, you’ve never had Mexican food.)...

Ghungroo 2014

By Olivia Goldberg
February 24, 2014 - 4:00pm

Alright, we’ll admit it: despite its well-known reputation as a party school, Harvard doesn’t have wild tailgates or perfect attendance at athletic events or even a frat row like a lot of other colleges. But don’t despair (or start sending in your transfer apps): there are plenty of other cool things to do at Harvard, things that make Harvard unique (and no, we’re not talking about going to final clubs). READ MORE

Triple Threat: The Women of WECode

By Halie LeSavage
February 24, 2014 - 8:00am

The Harvard collegiettes involved with this month's WECode conference were so impressive that we couldn't interview just one--so we chatted with three! Without further ado, meet some of the amazing women behind WECode: JN Fang, Irene Chen, and Sarah Schachman. Tell us a bit about yourselves: your House, your concentration, and what you like to do in your free time!  READ MORE

Goodbye February, Hello....?

By Elizabeth MeLampy

Javier Aranzales '16

By Elizabeth MeLampy
February 19, 2014 - 4:54pm

A stunning ballet dancer, hilarious friend, and in love with life, Javier is always running around campus heading to his next thing. Because he's constantly excited, you might catch him jumping. Just 'cuz. Here's some facts about this week's cutie.   Name: Javier Aranzales Year: 2016 House: Quincy Hometown: Miami, FL/Bogota, Colombia Concentration: Government Relationship Status: If you’re ready come and get it Describe yourself in 3 words: fine, fresh, fierce Favorite HUDS meal: Thick oatmeal with all the craisins READ MORE

3 Life Lessons from WeCode

By Anna Papp
February 19, 2014 - 2:46pm

READ MORE