Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

Boston Adventure: Christina's Ice Cream and Inman Square

By Betsy Storm
May 14, 2013 - 1:37pm

Well, it’s finals time, and we all know what that brings: an intense aversion to studying, and an equally intense desire for ice cream. Luckily, a quick trip to Inman Square can satisfy both! Just a fifteen-minute walk down Cambridge Street from Annenberg, Inman Square’s hip atmosphere is a refreshing break from studying. Check out one of its many yoga studios and have a bite at any cute café along the way. If you really, REALLY can’t study for finals (or are finished with finals!), enjoy the smooth tunes and cool ambiance of Ryles Jazz Club on Thursday or Friday at 9 p.m. Check out their website for tickets! READ MORE

Hazel Lever '13

By Amanda Rodrigues
May 6, 2013 - 12:00pm

Hazel Lever is one of the most incredible choreographers we have ever seen.  Between Wonderful Town, The Ballet Company, Eleganza, Cabaret, and so much more, Hazel is a superstar and we want to tell you why! First, the basics! Tell us a little about yourself -- where are you from, what do you study, and what do you enjoy doing in your free time?     I'm originally from Spartanburg, SC!  I study History & Science, with a secondary in Global Health/Health Policy and a Spanish Language Citation, and I'm pre-med.  In my free time, I spend way too much time on feminist blogs, buzzfeed, and, ideally, laying on the couch with my dog. READ MORE

Tangible Things: Why (Physical) Books Matter

By Lauren Covalucci
May 3, 2013 - 12:00pm

The three best gifts I’ve been given are, in order, a book, a typewriter, and a book. The typewriter should probably tip you off that I’m biased toward the archaic. We’re not talking about one of those nifty portable electrics here; Gerry (that’s his name) is old enough to be my grandfather and just as loud as any deaf old man trying to hear his own voice. There’s something grounding about typing a letter mechanically—it could be the necessity of focusing on each letter, or the constant background of rhythmic clacking, like a Gregorian chant performed by steel monks. Using a typewriter is a substantially different writing experience than using my laptop. But I digress. This isn’t about my typewriter. It’s about those other two favorite gifts, my books....

Welcome to the Jungle

By Chloe Do
May 2, 2013 - 12:51am

Photo courtesy of Books & Liquor GET THIS LOOK! Dress Shoes READ MORE

Boston Adventure: Harvard Square’s 30th Annual May Fair

By Betsy Storm
April 30, 2013 - 2:10am

Springtime is here, and with it comes Harvard Square’s own 30th Annual May Fair! From noon to 6:00 P.M. on Sunday, May 5th , head into the Square for live music and dancing with a Mexican flair thanks to this year’s overlap with Cinco de Mayo celebrations. A different band will hit the stage every hour, with our own Mariachi Veritas de Harvard set for the 3:00-4:00 P.M. slot. In between sets, don’t miss the cheesy but charming street performers. Browse through more than 200 merchant and artisan stands while you enjoy the music, and remember to bring a few bucks in case you find a handmade bracelet or vintage picture frame you just have to have. READ MORE

Bobby Chen!

By Amanda Rodrigues
April 29, 2013 - 1:00am

Name: Bobby Chen Year: 2014 House: Mather Hometown: Newton, MA Concentration: Economics Relationship Status: Single Describe yourself in three words: Objectively pretty loud Favorite HUDS meal: I usually just hit the grill honestly If you could be a superhero, which one would you be and why? Being the flash would be pretty unreal. Wouldn't be late for things anymore and it probably would have gotten me out of a few jams by now. READ MORE

Ask Elle: Reading Period Panic

By Ask Elle
April 25, 2013 - 1:44am

HC Harvard's very own wise and worldly collegiette advice columnist is here to answer any and all of your pressing questions about life in and out of the Harvard bubble! If you've got a question you would like to see answered, Ask Elle here!  Dear Elle, Reading period is coming. I’m terrified. Every semester I say things will be different, and every semester I end up drowning in work. How do I stay on top of my life and keep from going insane?! HCXO, Frantic   Hey Frantic, READ MORE

Back to Basics

By Chloe Do
April 24, 2013 - 10:00am

Photo courtesy of Books & Liquor GET THIS LOOK: Blazer Dress READ MORE

Cindy Shih '15

By Michelle Dimino
April 23, 2013 - 12:40pm

First, the basics! Tell us a little about yourself -- where are you from, what do you study, and what do you enjoy doing in your free time?   I’m a proud Californian from sunny Los Angeles and am studying Human Evolutionary Biology and Global Health and Health Policy here at Harvard! I absolutely love anything related to food, nutrition, and health, and in my free time, I love cooking/baking/eating, playing volleyball, rooting for my favorite soccer teams, and watching all of the television shows. What are some of the extracurricular activities you are involved with on campus?   READ MORE

Boston Adventure: National Volunteer Week

By Betsy Storm
April 23, 2013 - 12:18am

READ MORE