Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

An Open Letter to Baseball

By Lauren Covalucci
October 30, 2013 - 3:51pm

Dear Baseball, I’ve been seeing you for a while now, and I think it’s time to talk about our relationship. Remember how my dad introduced us when I was younger? I didn’t start to get to know you until 2003, though, and of course you were all over the place around Boston in 2004. After the World Series that year, my Catholic elementary school gave us a dress-down day if we wore our Sox gear. Thanks for that. READ MORE

Taylor Phillips '15

By Amanda Rodrigues
October 28, 2013 - 10:30am

First, the basics! Tell us a little about yourself -- where are you from, what do you study, and what do you enjoy doing in your free time? I'm Taylor! A junior English concentrator in Kirkland originally from Kansas City, Missouri. What is free time? Is that like rehearsal?    What are some of the extracurricular activities you are involved with on campus? I'm an SAT tutor for HSA tutoring, actively involved with theatre (obviously!) and just recently I joined Alpha Phi!  READ MORE

Mile 17

By Elizabeth MeLampy
October 27, 2013 - 1:00am

This is it. Midterms. Maybe your first round of tests is over; maybe you just haven’t stopped with papers and psets since week three. These next few weeks can be draining – it’s mile 17 of the marathon. The finish line is still too far away to think about, and you barely remember the starting line. You’re just chugging along, slowly running out of energy.   But this is what we’re here to do, so let’s grab a snack and some Gatorade (or coffee for our academic marathon) and keep one foot in front of the other. Maybe these weeks can even be enjoyable, too! Here’s 5 things to do, now, to pick up the speed and regain some love for what you’re doing.   READ MORE

Ask Elle: Faculty Dinner

By Ask Elle
October 25, 2013 - 2:00am

Dear Elle, This is my first Faculty Dinner and I have no idea who to invite. I feel like all the really cool professors will be busy already, and I’m nervous that I’ll get there and realize I have nothing to talk about. How do I even ask a professor if they want to come, anyways? HELP! Dinner Dilemma Hey Dilemma, Don’t be nervous! READ MORE

Which team are you cheering on in the World Series?

By

Boston Film Festival

By Olivia Goldberg
October 23, 2013 - 8:00am

Tired of fighting over your common room T.V.? Not in the mood to watch Titanic for the 1,000th time? Too technologically impaired to figure out how to use HBO GO? Then head into Boston this weekend for the 29th Annual Boston Film Festival. In the mood for a romantic comedy? READ MORE

A Word from our Sponsors

By Amanda Rodrigues, Michelle Dimino
October 22, 2013 - 11:41pm

The amazing staff at Her Campus Nationals sent our Harvard chapter some amazing goodies at the beginning of this year (that some of our lucky readers were fortunate enough to snag at our On Wednesdays We Wear Pink event) and we have now received rave reviews about some of upcoming new brands we found inside, like Neurosonic and Poppin!  We can’t wait to share! :) Her Campus Survival Kit Contents! READ MORE

Ask Elle: When to Step In

By Ask Elle
October 16, 2013 - 9:00am

Dear Elle, I’m a junior and I have a friend (not a close friend, but a friend) who I’ve known since freshman year, and we see each other a lot because we’re in a club together. When she got to college she wasn’t drinking any more than the rest of us were, but since then she’s gotten pretty bad. Her grades are okay, but she’s drunk every single weekend and on some weeknights, and she has absolutely no interest in hanging out with us if there’s no booze involved. It’s been going on for a long time, and I don’t know what to do… Should I say something? HCXO, A Concerned Friend   Dear Concerned, READ MORE

On Wednesday, We Wore Pink

By Michelle Dimino, Amanda Rodrigues
October 15, 2013 - 8:46pm

We were so excited to see so many Harvard collegiettes come out and get their pink on last week.  Thanks to our friends at Teen Vogue, Her Campus was able to reward our hard-working readers with some awesome free swag. We loved sharing goodies from top fashion, beauty, and hair care brands with you all, and have gotten a real kick out of seeing you rocking your Pantene, Paul Frank, Secret, Big Star, and Jimmy Choo samples (among oodles of others!) around the Yard, and hope you all had a great time hanging out with us too! Check out some cute photos from the event on our Facebook page (and make sure to "Like" us if you haven't already)!...

The Most Delicious Campus Cutie of All

By Michelle Dimino
October 15, 2013 - 8:28pm