Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

Goodbye February, Hello....?

By Elizabeth MeLampy

Javier Aranzales '16

By Elizabeth MeLampy
February 19, 2014 - 4:54pm

A stunning ballet dancer, hilarious friend, and in love with life, Javier is always running around campus heading to his next thing. Because he's constantly excited, you might catch him jumping. Just 'cuz. Here's some facts about this week's cutie.   Name: Javier Aranzales Year: 2016 House: Quincy Hometown: Miami, FL/Bogota, Colombia Concentration: Government Relationship Status: If you’re ready come and get it Describe yourself in 3 words: fine, fresh, fierce Favorite HUDS meal: Thick oatmeal with all the craisins READ MORE

3 Life Lessons from WeCode

By Anna Papp
February 19, 2014 - 2:46pm

READ MORE

Winter Wonderland: Snow Day Fashion

By Jahnavi Curlin
February 17, 2014 - 9:00am

It may have been a low of 21° F in Cambridge today, but Julie Castrillon ’17 kept her look fashionable with plum corduroys tucked into Hunter rainboots, along with a chic cream sweater and checkered blazer.  Julie accessorized her look with several fashionable rings and a classy watch.  A perfect outfit for lecture and the weekend! READ MORE

An Open Letter to My Long-Distance Boyfriend on Valentine's Day

By Aubrey Stoddard
February 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Hi there, darling. I know it’s about 4:30 in the morning for you, but I woke up for class and just had to call you right away. Well, I guess I should just start by telling you Happy Valentine’s Day! We’ve already made this holiday one to remember. The mix-up of presents was amusingly representative of a first Valentine’s Day apart—me accidentally opening up your adorable stuffed animal about a month before the 14th, and you asking me to ship you an EXTRA-LARGE Anaheim Ducks jersey instead of a medium. (I knew you weren’t that buff babe, why’d you have to overexaggerate?!) Kidding.   READ MORE

Kevin Xiong

By Halie LeSavage
February 13, 2014 - 9:35pm

No introduction needed--this Campus Cutie's interview speaks for itself.  Readers, meet Kevin Xiong!  Year: 2017 House: Matthews Hometown: Cambridge, MA Concentration: Undecided Relationship Status: Single Describe Yourself in Three Words: Baby Sloth Enthusiast Favorite HUDS Meal: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies If you were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would you be? Chunky Monkey READ MORE

What's the worst part of Valentine's Day?

By Elizabeth MeLampy

One Billion Rising

By Talia Weisberg
February 13, 2014 - 8:30am

On a global level, it is estimated that one billion women and girls – that’s one in three – will be raped or beaten in their lifetime.    Let that fact sink in, because it’s heavy and intense and hard to believe. It means that statistically speaking, it’s basically impossible for you not to know a woman or girl who has experienced some sort of abuse. Although it is less common in the US than it is in other countries, gender-based violence is still a prevalent issue that plagues – and sometimes destroys – millions of American women’s lives every year.   READ MORE

6 Reasons it's Better to be Single!

By Chloe Volkwein
February 13, 2014 - 8:25am

1. Chocolate. Firstly and most importantly, let’s talk about chocolate.  The days leading up to Valentine’s Day are magical days because the amount and variety of chocolate available in stores multiplies.  And who says you need a Valentine to enjoy it?  Go out and get yourself as much fancy heart-shaped chocolate as you can carry and eat as much of it as you want while you watch Pitch Perfect in your bed in your PJs (is it just me who does that?).  No sharing, no judgment—just you and a day (month?) of chocolaty candy bliss.   2. You. READ MORE

Can We Just Not? Valentine's Edition

By Taylor Kay Phillips
February 11, 2014 - 10:49pm

In this, the season of love – those of us unhappy about our lack of February 14 reservations are beginning to make plans to avoid a repeat. But there are some strategies of attraction that belong in the trash right next to the pink Lindt Truffle wrappers and the price tags from oversized teddy bears holding hearts. No one is falling for them – and the world is asking – can we just not?   1)   Wearing skimpy tank tops w/ exposed bra strap and baggy sweatpants and claiming to “look gross” or be “wearing sweats.”   READ MORE