Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

Style Tips for Your Valentine's Day Date

By Lejla Skokic
February 11, 2014 - 9:00am

It’s that time of year again! Valentine’s Day is almost here, and everyone is discussing their plans for this Friday. But less important than the plans themselves is what your style plans are for that night! Whether you’re excited to be spending it with a special someone, or you’re choosing to ignore the holiday, we’re here to help you to make sure you dress the part this Valentine’s Day. Date Night: Nothing says date night like that little black dress. Your most valuable piece of clothing, this dress is elegant, formfitting, and shows just enough leg. Paired with virtually any type of high heels, it’s the perfect outfit for a romantic dinner with your significant other… READ MORE

Olivia Goldberg '17

By Halie LeSavage
February 11, 2014 - 9:00am

Last week, we introduced you to our new Editors-in-Chief. This week, our amazing new Public Realtions Director (and continuing staff writer) Olivia Goldberg is in the spotlight! Read on for her hilarious take on life at Harvard, and her work here at Her Campus. 1. Tell us a little about yourself: where you're from, what you're studying, and what you do in your free time! READ MORE

Harvard Square V-Day Eats

By Sylvie Rubin-Budick
February 10, 2014 - 1:00pm

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and whether you are hopelessly in love with another boy or girl, your friends, or yourself, it’s time to celebrate. I’m a big fan of “treat yo self” so when it comes to Valentine’s Day, I can’t think of anything better than a nice meal out. Besides, we could all use a break from dining hall food. For the S.O. (Significant Other): Sandrine’s Bistro READ MORE

The Vagina Monologues

By Olivia Goldberg
February 10, 2014 - 1:00pm

Alright, we’ll admit it. Even as mature college women, the v-word still seems a little taboo to us. But that’s no reason not to see The Vagina Monologues, an episodic play on the feminine experience. The Vagina Monologues consists of monologues ranging from a humorous rant about tampons to a speech compiled from the testimonies of Bosnian women who were subjected to rape camps. Extremely personal, the monologues will discuss things you don’t even talk to your best friends about—but it’s an important meditation on the female experience. READ MORE

Rocking Recruitment: Harvard Style

By Halie LeSavage
February 7, 2014 - 5:40pm

The last round of sorority recruiment may have been last night, but this collegiette's look (Cassie Wang '17) from Invite Night works for any dressy event!   READ MORE

Help Harvard Win a Free Week of uberX for Everyone on Campus!

By Halie LeSavage
February 7, 2014 - 1:30pm

Hey Harvard collegiettes! Do you love winning free stuff? We definitely do, and we also think it’s better when EVERYONE wins. Lucky for us, so does uberX, the college-budget-friendly option of your favorite car service, Uber! UberX is currently holding a competition for Harvard to win #uberXtracredit through Tuesday, February 11 for one school to win a FREE week of uberX – for everyone! In order to win, we must reach 1,500 new sign ups using Harvard’s unique promo code. Every new user will receive $20 off their first Uber ride! (Not valid on Uber TAXI.)   READ MORE

Gus Mayopoulos

By Taylor Kay Phillips
February 4, 2014 - 9:00am

New UC President Gus Mayopolous has been making waves of Tomato Basil Ravioli Soup ever since the beginning of his campaign. He took a little time between UC meetings, gold-jacket shopping, and his newest initiative "Operation Ghost Protocol" to tell HerCampus a little more about the babe behind the bylaws.   Name: Gus Mayopoulos Year: 2015 House: Kirkland Hometown: Charlotte, NC Concentration: History Relationship Status: Lookin' for love Describe yourself in 3 words: Lookin' for love READ MORE

Meet the New Editors!

By Halie LeSavage, Elizabeth MeLampy
February 3, 2014 - 2:28pm

Halie LeSavage and Elizabeth Melampy are the new Co-Presidents and Editors-in-Chief of Harvard’s Her Campus Chapter! Halie is a mere fresh-person and Elizabeth is a sophisticated sophomore, but both share a passion for writing and excitement to be at the helm of Her Campus Harvard this year. Read on to learn more about these lovely ladies!   1. Tell us a little about yourself -- where are you from, what do you study, and what do you enjoy doing in your free time? READ MORE

An Open Letter to My Sorority

By Elizabeth MeLampy
February 3, 2014 - 9:00am

Dear Alpha Phi,   I never thought I would like you as much as I do. When we first met, it seemed like a crazy idea to join a sorority. I didn’t rush, and I had never considered it. Something small in some of your members convinced me to go to a meeting, to meet some people, and to try it out. I got swept up in it all, despite my best efforts. You enchanted me. I haven’t been the same since I joined. I’ve been better, stronger, and more confident because of the other Alpha Phi girls around me.   READ MORE

Go Greek!

By Olivia Goldberg
February 3, 2014 - 9:00am

After years of watching Greek on ABC Family, seeing your older friends lather their new sisters with love on Facebook, and spending Saturday nights at Sig Chi basement parties, it’s finally time for you to try out the Greek scene for yourself. Sorority recruitment (commonly known as rush) begins Monday, February 3rd at 6:00. Here’s a run down of the week’s events:   Monday, February 3rd, 6:00PM-11:00PM: After being notified of the location at which you are to meet on February 2nd, be sure to sign in no later than 6:00. The event is casual, so wear jeans and comfortable walking shoes, as you will be walking between locations.   READ MORE