Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

Taylor Houghton '17

By Aubrey Stoddard
October 27, 2014 - 9:00am

I don't think I've ever met a guy as well-mannered, genuinely sweet, or kind-hearted as Taylor Houghton. He is one of the most gentlemanly and fun-to-be-with people I've met here at Harvard. Ladies, if you're looking for a chance to get with this hunk, I'll give you one tip--be an Arabian princess and own a tiger named Raja. Or maybe just tell him you love the movie Aladdin. Read more below to learn about this handsome hunk! House: Dunster Year: Sophomore Concentration: Psychology Hometown: New York City  READ MORE

Sweet N' Nasty

By Samantha Lo
October 27, 2014 - 9:00am

Because Halloween parties are the best times to imbibe on food/drink of all kinds while wearing minimal clothing and/or strange, horrifying masks. And because it’s an experience that every college student should have, you might as well experience it in Adams, which has the pros of possessing a location close to literally everything and having a deceptively majestic, well-refined exterior.  You won’t have to sacrifice the cramped, sweaty, loud-what-song-is-this music and bonding with strangers in strange, horrifying masks and/or minimal clothing, and you still get to leave looking classy. READ MORE

Aniqa Hassan '16

By Samantha Lo
October 27, 2014 - 9:00am

The Typical Icebreakers
Year: 2016
House: Adams
Concentration: Neurobiology
From: Philadelphia, PA The Atypical Icebreaker:  Religion. READ MORE

Halloween at Harvard: Ghosts, Goblins and Lamonsters?

By Cecilia M. Eberhard
October 27, 2014 - 9:00am

Have your roommates and friends begun to disappear?  Have they taken up odd hours, those best described as nocturnal?  Do they no longer eat human food, but now have begun to survive solely on redbull and coffee?  If any of these sound familiar, run, hide and find a doctor because those people in your life have fallen victim to Harvard's personal version of Halloween! READ MORE

Halloween: Bey's Day

By Aisha Bhoori
October 27, 2014 - 9:00am

1.      Beyoncé is #flawless queen of the world. 2.      She and her music run the world. 3.      Every man wishes he were Jay-Z to put a ring on it. These are presumably a priori facts, as central to our nation’s governance as any amendment or legal statute. A trailer to the fictional horror movie, The Beygency, both augmented this assumed cultural premise and solidified my Halloween costume. Hailed as the best Saturday Night Live (SNL) skit in history, The Beygency trailer depicts Andrew Garfield as a man audacious (foolish?) enough to critique Beyoncé. “She is so good,” he exclaims. “I’m not a huge fan of that of one ‘Drunk in Love’ song though.” READ MORE

An Open Letter to Taylor Swift

By Aubrey Stoddard
October 26, 2014 - 10:00pm

My dearest Taylor, I still remember the first song by you that I ever bought off of iTunes and downloaded onto my iPod Nano. It was “Place in This World,” and I danced around my room to your light-hearted, poppy crooning almost every day in seventh grade. “FINALLY,” I thought to myself, “Someone understands exactly how I feel!” READ MORE

HRG&SP Present: The Gondoliers; or, The King of Barataria

By Zoë Burgard
October 24, 2014 - 11:43am

Stressed about midterms and looking for a place where you can sit in a dark theater, laugh out loud, and forget about the stack of books on your desk and the umpteen unread emails in your inbox? Look no further! The fall production of the Harvard Radcliffe Gilbert & Sullivan Players (a theater troupe devoted to performing an operatta by the British duo W. S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan every semester) has it all: gorgeous sets, surprisingly innappropriate jokes, and wonderful music. Also, a female-heavy cast and crew, beautiful costumes, and over-the-top makeup by yours truly promise to make this a great event for all collegiettes! Tickets can be purchased at the Harvard Box Office or at the door....

7 Reasons for a California Girl to be Excited for New England Autumn

By Aubrey Stoddard
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Finally, my favorite season of the year—FALL. Honestly, however, “fall” has a very different meaning up here in Boston than it did in Southern California. Here are a few reasons I am EXTREMELY excited for autumn in New England. 1.       LEAVES. LEAVESSS. I LOVE LEAVES. READ MORE

Where Is She Now? Catherine Hasbrouck '14

By Halie LeSavage
October 23, 2014 - 5:45pm

Harvard's campus is filled with amazing women--women who, in a few short years (or months), will be heading out into that mythical place some call "the real world." Catherine Hasbrouck is one of the many women doing great things post-Harvard; an English concentrator and Class of 2014 graduate, she currently student-teaches in Cambridge and is preparing for a year abroad in South Africa. Below, Catherine shares her insights on teaching, her favorite college memories and her advice for adjusting to life after Harvard.  READ MORE

Ten in a Week of Twenty

By Samantha Lo
October 23, 2014 - 5:10pm

Things I Will Remember about the First Week of my Twenties: READ MORE