Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

What are you most excited for this weekend?

By Halie LeSavage

Reading Period

By anonymous
April 22, 2014 - 11:30pm

It's finally that time of the semester--hit the books (or hit the day-time parties) during Reading Period! No classes means plenty of time to study...and plenty of time for unavoidable procrastination. However you decide to spend your free days, remember that exams start on May 9th! Best of luck, collegiettes, and be sure to check out our articles on how to prepare for your exams!  READ MORE

An Open Letter to My Sophomore Year

By Anna Papp
April 22, 2014 - 10:00am

Dear Sophomore Year, READ MORE

The Lip Accent Lifestyle: Everything You've Ever Needed to Know About Pulling Off Bright Lipstick On a Daily Basis

By Zoë Burgard
April 22, 2014 - 9:00am

My very first tube real “grown-up” lipstick was Kate Spade’s Supercalifragilipstick! (which I bought more for the name than the shade, if we’re being totally honest here) and it came with a little card with the following bit of dialogue printed on it: “How many shades of red lipstick do you need?” they asked. She said, “That question is complex and intriguing.” READ MORE

Glamour Magazine Panelists Spill Their Secrets of Success

By Halie LeSavage
April 20, 2014 - 7:51pm

Imagine that you have the chance to meet your future self. Once you're past the "how is this even possible?" aspect of the encounter, you'll want to ask yourself about a few things: how your family's doing, who you're still friends with, and, most importantly, where you are in that distant time--success-wise. Did you finally get hired by that consulting firm? Write that script? Run for office? Contribute to groundbreaking research? Is your life full of the successes you'd been dreaming of since the day you finished college--or, most likely, long before then?  READ MORE

Zack Royle '17

By Halie LeSavage
April 18, 2014 - 9:00pm

From reviving The Harvard Salient as Editor-in-Chief to heading to USTA Nationals with Harvard Club Tennis, this week's Campus Cutie has a nice view from the top--and already got there as a freshman! Harvard collegiettes, meet Zack Royle.  Year: 2017 House: Leverett Hometown: Kansas City, Missouri Concentration: Undecided  Relationship Status: In love with my high school sweetheart  Describe yourself in three words: Captain Von Trapp READ MORE

Why My Sex Life Isn't Like Natalie Portman's (And Other Things My Mom Doesn't Know)

By Anonymous Collegiette
April 16, 2014 - 10:00pm

There is a sort of beauty in an awkward hookup. Consider, as an explanation, the beginning scene of Bridesmaids (if you still haven’t seen this film, stop reading RIGHT NOW, go watch it, and then continue). In this gem of an opening moment, a carefully prepared Kristen Wigg attempts to romantify a slightly arrhythmic and universally uncomfortable sexual encounter that is somehow reminiscent of a two year old throwing a temper tantrum, or maybe an epileptic walrus learning to walk. Aside from the main issue in the scene – Kristen’s hopelessly casual "relationship"–we cringe while we watch because of the true, unabashed purity of it. This scene is awkward. Sex is awkward. And that just can’t be helped....

Best hairstyle:

By Elizabeth Melampy

118th Boston Marathon

By Elizabeth Melampy
April 16, 2014 - 2:53pm

This historic marathon will be run for the 118th time this year. After last year's tragic bombings left the city and the runners in shock, this year will be bigger and better than ever. With 36,000 runners and over a million spectators expected, this race will be one of the biggest events for the city.  The race starts in Hopkinton, MA, and runs through Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, Brighton, and finally to Boston. 26.2 miles. There is a lot of information for spectators on the Boston Athletic Association's website: http://www.baa.org Good luck to all of the runners! #bostonstrong READ MORE

All the World's a Stage: Stage Makeup for Every Day

By Zoë Burgard
April 16, 2014 - 2:45pm

My main extra-curricular activity on campus is stage makeup design. It’s no secret that extra-curriculars at Harvard are extremely competitive, so I was happy when I fell into this one: I get to play with endless new looks and mediums, I’m a part of the incredible theatre community without ever having to leave the world of dressing rooms and the backstage (stage fright, woo!), and I could probably count the number of other people with this specialty on campus on one hand. READ MORE