Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

A Winning Collaboration: New Balance x The Head of the Charles

By Halie LeSavage
October 19, 2014 - 12:40pm

Hometown athletic brand New Balance has a simple motto: “Make Excellent Happen." Excellence is a high demand, but this company consistently lives up to its word in the form of innovative and eye-catching shirts, jackets, bottoms, and shoes fit for an active lifestyle (and an active collegiette!). Last Wednesday, The Tannery in Boston unveiled a New Balance product celebrating another local tradition of excellence: The first official shoe for the Head of the Charles Regatta. READ MORE

Adrienne Propp '17

By Aubrey Stoddard
October 16, 2014 - 12:00pm

If you're looking for a ray of Florida sunshine in the impending darkness of the Boston winter, go no further than the Inn at Harvard. Adrienne Propp is one of the most optimistic, gracious, and fascinating women on Harvard's campus--read below to find out how amazing she really is!   House: Dunster READ MORE

No Soul Left Behind: Confusing Kleos for Nostos

By Aisha Bhoori
October 15, 2014 - 9:00am

When author William Deresiewicz visited Harvard on September 22 to discuss his contentious book, Excellent Sheep: The Miseducation of the American Elite and the Way to a Meaningful Life, he was asked by Harvard faculty about his emphasis on education’s role in cultivating the student’s self. Professor of English, Amanda Claybaugh, stated that Deresiewicz’s view seems to espouse a “No Soul Left Behind” policy that places an undue onus on institutions to foster an intangible entity.   READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Rachel Leng

By Anna Papp
October 15, 2014 - 12:00am

Meet Rachel Leng! Rachel, a second year graduate student at GSAS, is an inspiring role model for all Harvard girls. Rachel was born in Singapore, but grew up in Shanghai, China. She double majored in Public Policy Studies and East Asian Studies with a minor in Economics at Duke University. She wrote two senior honors theses and graduated with highest honors in both of her majors. At Harvard, she is a second year graduate student in the Regional Studies, East Asia department concentrating in modern Chinese studies. READ MORE

Rosalie Nathans '16

By Halie LeSavage
October 14, 2014 - 1:00pm

College women from around the world will attend the 2014 Intercollegiate Business Convention this weekend--and this Campus Celebrity is the talented woman responsible for making it all happen. Meet the collegiette serving as this year's IBC Chair, Rosalie Nathans!  Tell us about your role in this year's convention!  READ MORE

Work Out Culture at Harvard: On Being a NARP

By Catherine Bousquet
October 14, 2014 - 9:00am

Working at Harvard is a guarantee, going out at Harvard is likely, but “working out” and “Harvard” almost don’t sound right together.  On this campus, exercise— if we exercise at all—typically only occurs in extremes. There are athletes who devote so much time to their sports that they travel days at a time and forgo other extracurriculars, and law school students who use the elliptical as they read law cases, each task with a measured intensity that I frankly don’t think I’d be able to devote to either task, much less both at the same time.  READ MORE

Rain, Rain Isn't Going Away: Fall Beauty Transitions

By Zoë Burgard
October 13, 2014 - 9:00am

If you read my post last week, you’ll know that, while I’m happy to be reunited with my roommates and enjoying my classes, I’m less than thrilled about no longer being in Italy. Adjusting after studying abroad is a difficult thing to tackle, and it’s something I have yet to succeed with. However, one post-summer transition that I can figure out and am here to share with you today is that of beauty routines. This summer, my beauty routine consisted of rinsing my face, loading up on mascara, and swiping on one of my favorite lipsticks. READ MORE

Harvard Square Restaurants for Every Occasion

By Aubrey Stoddard
October 13, 2014 - 9:00am

A girl can only handle HUDS’s tikki masala chicken and the salvation of the Grill’s grilled cheese for so long before she craves something—ANYTHING—different. Sometimes, a weekend of delicious, non-mass produced food is absolutely necessary. Below is a guide to a flawless weekend spent at the best restaurants in the Square for every occasion. It’s Friday and you have had one of the busiest weeks of your life. Celebrate the end of the week with a yummy lunch at Yenching. Yenching on Massachusetts Avenue has incredibly authentic and delicious Chinese food with just the right amount of kick. Plus, there’s a lunch special that comes with soup, egg rolls, rice, and three entrees for only $7.50!!! YUM!...

Without Walls Launch Party

By Annie Schugart
October 13, 2014 - 9:00am

Urban Outfitters is introducing a new clothing selection in their Cambridge location called Without Walls, which consists of fitness clothes and fashion that functions. Without Walls will include bold and graphic prints of fitness clothes, as well as clothes from brands such as Onzie, Patagonia, Poler, Newline, Asics, and more!  The launch party will include free food and drinks, a bike sprint competition, a live silk screening, and more. Let's be honest: who doesn't love rocking the "I-just-worked-out look" even though you didn't work out and just want to be comfy? Here's a chance to check out some fashionable clothes, get free drinks and food, and stock up on this essential part of your wardrobe. ...

50th Head of the Charles Regatta

By Catherine Bousquet
October 12, 2014 - 9:00am

Come celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Head of The Charles Regatta, a rowing competition held annually in Boston on the second to last weekend in October! The exciting two-day event features thousands of rowers from all over the world of all age and ability competing in over 55 different races. For more information, read about the Head of The Charles here or check out the schedule of races. READ MORE