Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

Punch Season Fashion

By Aubrey Stoddard
September 30, 2014 - 9:00am

This past weekend, you probably witnessed gaggles of nervous sophomore girls wobbling and stumbling in their brand-new heels and exquisite sundresses up and down the streets of Harvard Square. READ MORE

10 Really Neurotic Questions All Girls Ask While Snapchatting

By Gianna Cacciatore
September 30, 2014 - 9:00am

1.Can he see my pimple? The first and foremost question upon taking every snap. Let’s face it (haha pun): we all pretend to nonchalantly take these snaps and send them quickly, but it’s a lie. As soon as we’re finished holding the pose – for that annoyingly long delay – we bring the brightness up as high as possible and test with every possible filter (shout out to the chrome one and its godly ability to make me look human) until we are satisfied that the pimple is sufficiently hidden. And if it's not, cue the word bar, which will be perfectly positioned to cover the monster on my forehead. No I don’t care if it looks awkward there. PIMPLE. MUST. GO. READ MORE...

Nathaniel Brooks Horwitz '18

By Aisha Bhoori
September 28, 2014 - 4:12pm

Class of 2018 Facebook Celebrity and sensual harpist, Nathaniel Brooks Horwitz, spared some time from his hectic schedule of croquet-playing on the Yard, saving whales, and sailing to speak with Her Campus (#IslandBoyProbz). Name: Nathaniel Brooks Horwitz Year: 2018                                        House: Grays Hometowns: Martha’s Vineyard and Sydney. Possible Concentrations: Molecular Cellular Biology and Philosophy. READ MORE

Vice President Biden to Deliver Remarks on Foreign Policy

By Aubrey Stoddard
September 28, 2014 - 9:00am

Hold your hats, ladies and gents… Vice President of the United States Joe Biden will be coming to Harvard this Thursday, October 2!!! That’s right. He will be in the JFK Jr. Forum discussing foreign policy, which should be incredibly interesting given the tense international climate. After this, whenever your peers make a “silly comment” on ISIS or other unrest in the Middle East, you can simply— READ MORE

Campus Celeb: Rachel Stinebaugh

By Chloe Volkwein
September 28, 2014 - 9:00am

Meet Rachel Stinebaugh!   Year: Junior House: Mather Major: Economics What are you involved in on campus? READ MORE

College Fashion Week Boston

By Aubrey Stoddard
September 28, 2014 - 9:00am

We are less than ONE WEEK AWAY from Boston’s College Fashion Week—and we at Her Campus Harvard cannot wait! The event will be held on Saturday, October 4, at the Estate Club in Boston. Doors open at 6 PM. College Fashion Week is full of talented college students, gorgeous designer attire, and freebies for all of the attendees. This is an amazing chance to get dressed up and have a night out on the town with your friends. Make sure to sign up HERE for the opportunity to attend this event!   READ MORE

Concentrate: How to Choose What to Study at Harvard

By Anna Papp
September 28, 2014 - 9:00am

48 options; 11 to 20 requirements. Your parents probably think your choice will make you either a billionaire or leave you living in their basement for the rest of your twenties. If you’re proud of yours, you may even decide to buy the $200+ diploma frame at the Coop to show off the fancy title of what other schools just call majors. Concentrations. Choosing a concentration is hard. There are so many friends, family members, professors, advisors to listen to and so many factors to consider. As an Engineering concentrator who switched concentration tracks, and was considering everything from History of Art and Architecture to Applied Math sophomore fall, here is my hopefully straightforward advice on our most important academic choice at Harvard....

Harvard, Roll Up That (Bureaucratic) Partition, Please

By Aisha Bhoori
September 28, 2014 - 9:00am

“Can all the females in the room raise their hands?” My arm shot straight through the air, fist clenched as if I were shattering the glass ceiling. “Only one out of eleven males! What (#SeparateBut) equal distribution!” The guys around me shuffled in their seats, visibly uncomfortable with the gender dichotomy  underscored by the On Harvard Time moderator. I felt my hand hesitantly return to my lap, clutching an invisible shard. READ MORE

On the Riverbank

By Gianna Cacciatore
September 28, 2014 - 9:00am

For us students, summer has long since faded away into fall. But this weekend’s weather is proving that the world isn’t quite ready to move on. So take your piles of homework and your worn-in pair of summer cut-offs, and be sure to spend a last, sparkling day by the river reading Shakespeare or Smith or whatever else makes you feel Harvard and happy.  You'll get a little bit of sun and a winning instagram out of it.  READ MORE

Complimentary Makeup Event Featuring Chanel and Allure

By Halie LeSavage
September 27, 2014 - 7:17pm

This Tuesday, the legendary Chanel makeup line is teaming up with Allure Magazine for a complimentary cosmetic event. Join two of Chanel's National Makeup Artists, Sterling Williams and Brittany Perris, at Bloomingdale's of Chesnut Hill for a free makeup application featuring the new Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow. A gorgeous makeup application isn't the only perk of the event--there will also be delicious catered bites and a social photobooth (because makeup this fabulous demands to be shared).  It's the perfect time of the semester to treat yourself, so why not do it in style? This amazing afternoon with Chanel and Allure is by appointment only; call the number featured on the invitation above to secure your spot!    ...