Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

Zack Royle '17

By Halie LeSavage
April 18, 2014 - 9:00pm

From reviving The Harvard Salient as Editor-in-Chief to heading to USTA Nationals with Harvard Club Tennis, this week's Campus Cutie has a nice view from the top--and already got there as a freshman! Harvard collegiettes, meet Zack Royle.  Year: 2017 House: Leverett Hometown: Kansas City, Missouri Concentration: Undecided  Relationship Status: In love with my high school sweetheart  Describe yourself in three words: Captain Von Trapp READ MORE

Why My Sex Life Isn't Like Natalie Portman's (And Other Things My Mom Doesn't Know)

By Anonymous Collegiette
April 16, 2014 - 10:00pm

There is a sort of beauty in an awkward hookup. Consider, as an explanation, the beginning scene of Bridesmaids (if you still haven’t seen this film, stop reading RIGHT NOW, go watch it, and then continue). In this gem of an opening moment, a carefully prepared Kristen Wigg attempts to romantify a slightly arrhythmic and universally uncomfortable sexual encounter that is somehow reminiscent of a two year old throwing a temper tantrum, or maybe an epileptic walrus learning to walk. Aside from the main issue in the scene – Kristen’s hopelessly casual "relationship"–we cringe while we watch because of the true, unabashed purity of it. This scene is awkward. Sex is awkward. And that just can’t be helped....

Best hairstyle:

By Elizabeth Melampy

118th Boston Marathon

By Elizabeth Melampy
April 16, 2014 - 2:53pm

This historic marathon will be run for the 118th time this year. After last year's tragic bombings left the city and the runners in shock, this year will be bigger and better than ever. With 36,000 runners and over a million spectators expected, this race will be one of the biggest events for the city.  The race starts in Hopkinton, MA, and runs through Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, Brighton, and finally to Boston. 26.2 miles. There is a lot of information for spectators on the Boston Athletic Association's website: http://www.baa.org Good luck to all of the runners! #bostonstrong READ MORE

All the World's a Stage: Stage Makeup for Every Day

By Zoë Burgard
April 16, 2014 - 2:45pm

My main extra-curricular activity on campus is stage makeup design. It’s no secret that extra-curriculars at Harvard are extremely competitive, so I was happy when I fell into this one: I get to play with endless new looks and mediums, I’m a part of the incredible theatre community without ever having to leave the world of dressing rooms and the backstage (stage fright, woo!), and I could probably count the number of other people with this specialty on campus on one hand. READ MORE

GET WET: The Orgasm Seminar

By Talia Weisberg
April 15, 2014 - 11:00pm

42 Ways to Seduce A Man! 7 Tips to Give the Best Blowjobs! 23 New Sex Moves to Make Him Go Wild! It’s hard not to roll your eyes when these headlines start screaming at you on the checkout line at CVS. As a feminist, I’m always disturbed by the fact that these magazines assume they are speaking to a female audience that is solely interested in pleasuring heterosexual male partners. What about the sexual fulfillment of the women readers themselves? Yeah, there’ll be a 16 Ways to the Best Orgasm of Your Life every once in a while, but the mainstream media seems mostly concerned with advising straight women on how to give their (male, heterosexual) partners a good time. READ MORE

Inspired by Chloe Do: Spring Statement Necklaces

By Catherine Bousquet
April 15, 2014 - 10:30pm

This weekend, it was hard to remember winter days when we were forced to match our dresses with tights and jackets. Instead, Chloe pairs her pink lace dress with a turquoise statement necklace and nude pumps. She looks perfectly prepared for a springtime date night or a highly glamorous study session. READ MORE

Jeremy Venook '15

By Elizabeth Melampy
April 12, 2014 - 8:39pm

Jeremy is an amazing performer and friend. He's always busy, but every time I see him he stops to give me a hug. He says he's been told he gives good hugs -- from personal experience, I know he does. Name: Jeremy Venook Year: 2015 House: Winthrop Hometown: Millbrae, California Concentration: Social Studies Relationship Status: Single Describe yourself in 3 words: “Obsessed with movies” pretty much covers all the important stuff. If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be? My favorite is mint chocolate chip, so I guess I’ll go with that. READ MORE

Yardfest 2014

By Olivia Goldberg
April 11, 2014 - 8:00pm

We know that as soon as it started warming up last week (read: as soon as it started being not so cold that your teeth chattered every time you stepped outside), all you’ve wanted to do is blow off all your work and absorb the kind-of warm weather. We also know that you probably did blow off all your work because hey, it’s basically summer, right? (Nope, it’s not almost summer, and yes, that is a D on your midterm…whoops.) READ MORE

When Women Lead: Insights and Experience from Women in Power

By Aubrey Stoddard
April 11, 2014 - 8:00pm

There is a wrought-iron gate that stands between the Canaday freshman dorms and the Science Center plaza. It is unassuming, without the pomp and myth of Johnston Gate or the humor of the Porcellian Club Gate. The gate—known as the Woman’s Entrance—is dedicated to the women attending Harvard in 1972, the first women to occupy Harvard Yard with men. READ MORE