Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

An Open Letter to Senior Year

By Michelle Dimino
June 12, 2014 - 2:00pm

Dear Senior Year, I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to you just yet. I know that you’re already gone, and have been for over a week now, but it hasn’t really set in yet, and I’m not entirely sure when it will. Real talk: graduating college is very, very weird. To recognize that my Harvard is not “Harvard” but the Harvard that was made from the presence of specific people in that place at that time—and then to further recognize that Harvard isn’t mine anymore, in that sense, and that it’s really just… over? How do I wrap my head around that? How can I miss so many little and big things all at once? And now, how do I make that leap from being a senior to being a freshman again? READ MORE

Summer Send-off

By Halie LeSavage
May 29, 2014 - 6:53pm

Dear Harvard collegiettes, READ MORE

Packing the Perfect Beach Bag

By Catherine Bousquet
May 19, 2014 - 9:00am

Hitting the beach this summer? Here’s how to pack the perfect beach bag. Take with you: Tons of Sunscreen: The importance of some good ol’ fashioned SPF can’t be overstated! You’ll be protected from skin cancer and painful, peeling sunburns. Luckily these days there are tons of waterproof sunscreens perfect for resistance against sweat and ocean. Make sure to pack a spray-on bottle for when you’re feeling lazy and a oil-free sunscreen for your face. Make sure to bring along lip balm as well! READ MORE

Study Abroad Style: Do's and Don'ts for a Summer Abroad

By Zoë Burgard
May 18, 2014 - 6:00pm

I leave for Italy in a week. Six days actually. In six days, I will move out of Mather, move back to the Boston suburbs, spend time with my family, and get on a plane to spend the next two and half months in a country where I don’t speak the language. To keep myself from curling up into a fetal position and sobbing at the mountain of stuff to do before then, I’ve been doing what I always do: make lists. I’ve spent summers abroad, either with my family in Munich or at summer school, for most of my life. Over the years, I’ve accumulated some do’s and don’t’s that’ll make packing for a summer spent abroad that much easier and let you focus on the fun stuff! READ MORE

Kunho Kim '17

By Catherine Bousquet
May 12, 2014 - 11:00am

Year: 2017 House: Currier Concentration: Undecided Hometown: I was born in South Korea and have lived in Vietnam for the past eight years. Relationship status: Single Describe yourself in 3 words: Crazy, Passionate, Lazy If you were ice cream, you’d be: Frozen yogurt Best physical trait: Smile Favorite place in Harvard Square: The Starbucks by the T READ MORE

What are your plans for this summer?

By Halie LeSavage

Why I'm Not Sorry That "Legally Blonde" is My Favorite Movie

By Chloe Volkwein
May 9, 2014 - 10:00pm

I was about eleven years old when I first watched Legally Blonde, which, in case you’ve been stranded on a desert island since 2001 and haven’t seen the movie, is a feel-good comedy about a blonde LA girly girl and sorority president named Elle Woods who follows her ex-boyfriend to Harvard Law School in an attempt to win him back.  To eleven-year-old me, Legally Blonde was just a fun movie with a lot of jokes and references that I didn’t really understand.  Now a wise and mature college freshman, I have seen the movie more times than anyone I know and I am proud to say that I understand most of the adult jokes.  READ MORE

Mother's Day Gift Guide

By Sylvie Rubin-Budick
May 7, 2014 - 3:00pm

Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday, and it’s time to shower our beautiful mothers with presents! In the throw of finals, it’s understandable if you’ve forgotten to order your dear mom a present, but there’s still time! Here are some ideas if you’re stuck: 1. A Picture Frame I got my mom a picture frame last mother’s day, and included three pictures: one of me as a baby, another as a child, and the final a recent photo of us. She started crying on the spot. Mothers love to have any excuse to show off pictures of their gorgeous daughters! Opting for a multi-photo picture frame will allow you to have a wide range of pictures, showing your mom how much you’ve grown. 2. Jewelry READ MORE

This Reading Period I...

By Halie LeSavage

This Reading Period I...

By Halie LeSavage