Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

Leaning In, At Harvard and Beyond

By Halie LeSavage
September 18, 2014 - 5:45pm

In 2010, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg gave a now-famous TEDTalk on the noticeable absence of women in leadership positions. In 2013, her book Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead was published and placed her at the head of the recent movement for gender equality across all facets of the professional world. After the success of her book, LeanIn.Org was founded to continue Sandberg's mission of changing the trajectory for women and creating an equal world.  READ MORE

Making Fire on Ice: The Executive Board of EWC

By Halie LeSavage
September 16, 2014 - 8:00pm

For its 44th year at Harvard, An Evening With Champions will dazzle the Bright-Landry Hockey Center this weekend for an incredible cause: to raise money for The Jimmy Fund, an offshoot of the Dana Farber Cancer Research Institute. The skaters will be the center of attention during Fire on Ice, but the energy at the heart of this event comes from passionate students outside of the rink. Three members of the Executive Board for An Evening with Champions (EWC)--Kuo-Kai Chin ('15), Christina Gao ('17), and Whitney Gao ('16)--have worked tirelessly over the summer and the first weeks of classes to prepare another spectacular weekend of charity, entertainment, and community. READ MORE

Lean In Campus Kickoff Event

By Halie LeSavage
September 15, 2014 - 3:35pm

Join Harvard Undergraduate Women in Business and Lean In @ Harvard for an evening of discussion, community, and female empowerment! Lean In @ Harvard will kick off the new school year with a livestream discussion headed by Lean In founder Sheryl Sandberg. Harvard's executive board for the program will also be answering questions about how to become involved with the program and how to promote female empowerment in everyday campus life.  You can RSVP for the event here, and learn more about Lean In @ Harvard by liking their Facebook pageREAD MORE
...

A Fashion-Filled Day with Boston Her Campus Chapters

By Halie LeSavage, Elizabeth MeLampy
September 15, 2014 - 8:00am

Her Campus Harvard Editors Liz (far left) and Halie (second from right) met with the Editors of Her Campus Tufts, Her Campus Northeastern, and Her Campus Emerson last weekend for a day of shopping and sampling of the latest trends, hosted by Cambridgeside Galleria. There were too many great college student discounts to keep a secret--so Her Campus Harvard is sharing them with readers in the $50 Cambridgeside Giftcard Giveaway! Head over to Campus Blog to find out how you can win!  READ MORE

An Evening With Champions: Fire on Ice

By Halie LeSavage
September 14, 2014 - 8:00pm

This Friday and Saturday, come see An Evening With Champions in its 44th year on campus! EWC combines sports entertainment with charity in an exhilarating evening of figure skating whose proceeds raise funds for fight against cancer through The Jimmy Fund. Aside from ticket sales, silent auctions held 30 minutes before each show will also contribute to the fundrasing effort. Tickets are $10 for Harvard ID holders and can be purchased through the Harvard Box Office, both online and at the Smith Center. For more information on the event, check out this week's Campus Celebrity article on EWC's executive board!   READ MORE

Get Prepped: Your New Go-To Spot for Affordable Fashion

By Halie LeSavage, Elizabeth MeLampy
September 14, 2014 - 7:30pm

The semester may already be in session, but there's still plenty of time to use back-to-school as an excuse to shop--even on a collegiette's budget. Last weekend, our Editors explored your new go-to spot for finding all of your favorite fashions--Cambridgeside Galleria! Located a 5-minute shuttle ride away from the Kendall/MIT T station, Cambridgeside is the premiere choice for any Harvard collegiette searching for additions to her wardrobe. Don't believe us? Just see how many of our requirements for purchasing perfection it meets: Vast selection of stores to meet every style? Check. READ MORE

Guide to Extracurriculars at Harvard

By Chloe Volkwein
September 14, 2014 - 8:00am

Guide to Extracurriculars at Harvard Harvard can seem like an intimidating place when it comes to extracurricular activities.  There are so many organizations and it can be hard to know where to start and what to prioritize.  But the good news is that there is literally something for everyone!  If you like it, there’s probably a club, team, or group for it here.  So how do you begin to navigate extracurricular life at Harvard? 1. Read your emails READ MORE

Chloe Volkwein '17

By Halie LeSavage
September 13, 2014 - 8:00am

To kick off a new semester of campus celebrities, we're starting with the ladies that make Her Campus Harvard run smoothly (and fabulously) behind-the-scenes. This week, meet the collegiette responsible for bringing HC Harvard to every newsfeed on campus and keeping readers updated on all the latest news, trends, and contests featured on our site. Allow us to introduce our new Public Relations Director, Chloe Volkwein!   READ MORE

Making Your Dorm Into Your Home

By Aubrey Stoddard
September 13, 2014 - 8:00am

My freshman year roommate would definitely be able to attest: I was a MESS my freshman fall. I mean, sure, I had better-than-decent grades, I was holding down two jobs, and I had a few good friends. But I was so homesick, I barely went a week without crying. But all of this sadness and waste of tissues could have been—if not alleviated—at least helped by making my dorm room into more of a home right upon entering college. Here are a few tips I wish I’d been given upon entering college, as well as some pictures of my own dorm room this year. 1. PICTURES! READ MORE

Haley Baker '17

By Gianna Cacciatore
September 12, 2014 - 10:00pm

Welcome back, Harvard! A new year means a whole new class full of cuties to spotlight here on Her Campus. If you know anyone, freshman to senior, who is worthy of this honor, let us know! We are always looking to single out those incredibly hard-working, awesomely attractive, and overall amazing students among us who disserve the honor of Campus Cutie. This year’s first cutie most certainly fits that description. Meet Haley Baker, Class of 2017. READ MORE