Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Harvard Archives

7 Reasons for a California Girl to be Excited for New England Autumn

By Aubrey Stoddard
October 24, 2014 - 9:00am

Finally, my favorite season of the year—FALL. Honestly, however, “fall” has a very different meaning up here in Boston than it did in Southern California. Here are a few reasons I am EXTREMELY excited for autumn in New England. 1.       LEAVES. LEAVESSS. I LOVE LEAVES. READ MORE

Where Is She Now? Catherine Hasbrouck '14

By Halie LeSavage
October 23, 2014 - 5:45pm

Harvard's campus is filled with amazing women--women who, in a few short years (or months), will be heading out into that mythical place some call "the real world." Catherine Hasbrouck is one of the many women doing great things post-Harvard; an English concentrator and Class of 2014 graduate, she currently student-teaches in Cambridge and is preparing for a year abroad in South Africa. Below, Catherine shares her insights on teaching, her favorite college memories and her advice for adjusting to life after Harvard.  READ MORE

Ten in a Week of Twenty

By Samantha Lo
October 23, 2014 - 5:10pm

Things I Will Remember about the First Week of my Twenties: READ MORE

Essentials For An Autumn Weekend Getaway

By Chloe Volkwein
October 23, 2014 - 9:00am

As the weather gets colder and the trees get prettier, there's nothing better than packing a bag and getting away from it all for a relaxing cozy weekend somewhere scenic.  Here are some essentials everyone should have in their weekend bags.   Black Leggings Perfect for comfortable car rides, watching scary movies, hiking, apple picking, cuddling by a bonfire, and just about any other Fall activity you could possibly imagine.  Definitely a must for any New England weekend escape.   Jeans They provide a little more warmth than leggings, which will be necessary as winter approaches.  Good for cold walks in the rain, casual dinners out, pumpkin picking, etc.   READ MORE

Head of the Charles Regatta

By Aubrey Stoddard
October 20, 2014 - 5:35pm

The Head of the Charles Regatta is one of the most premiere rowing events in the world. College and international crew teams alike gathered in Boston for the competition this past weekend. The Harvard men's team even beat the US and French national teams! Go Crimson! READ MORE

PINK Campus Bra Launch Party

By Gianna Cacciatore
October 20, 2014 - 1:08am

OMG YAY FREE STUFF. What: Victoria’s Secret’s Campus Bra Launch Party, Sunday, October 26th from 4-6 p.m. Where: Victoria’s Secret store on Newbury Street. Victoria’s Secret PINK is celebrating the launch of their new Campus Bra Light Lift, which is PINK’s softest bra ever. OMG SO SOFT. And they want all of the college students in Boston to celebrate with them! So grab a friend and head down to Newbury street next Sunday afternoon. There will be goodies including PINK treats, special offers, raffles and a DJ. You need your college ID to receive the offers. For more information, check out the facebook page for the event here.    ...

Everything You Have to Do in the Fall

By Gianna Cacciatore
October 20, 2014 - 1:05am

1.     Furiously Drink Your Last Iced Coffees   Right now, something is a little jenky with the weather, and it’s been more summer out than fall. ENJOY THIS MADNESS PEOPLE. Before you switch over to the weakness of the burn-your-mouth pumpkin spice whatever, or the even more expensive chocolate-y drinks that are soon to follow, remember to enjoy your last few relatively cheap and amazingly refreshing iced coffees. Just plain and simple iced coffee. Because before you know it, it’s going to be so cold that everything will be iced, except your coffee.   PS- It’s the perfect temperature for iced coffee right now also because it’s too cold for the ice to melt but too warm to not want it iced.   READ MORE...

A Winning Collaboration: New Balance x The Head of the Charles

By Halie LeSavage
October 19, 2014 - 12:40pm

Hometown athletic brand New Balance has a simple motto: “Make Excellent Happen." Excellence is a high demand, but this company consistently lives up to its word in the form of innovative and eye-catching shirts, jackets, bottoms, and shoes fit for an active lifestyle (and an active collegiette!). Last Wednesday, The Tannery in Boston unveiled a New Balance product celebrating another local tradition of excellence: The first official shoe for the Head of the Charles Regatta. READ MORE

Hey Harvard, It's On Us

By Annie Schugart
October 17, 2014 - 11:11pm

“We need to bend the culture curve in the right directon,” said Kyle Lierman, director of the “It’s On Us” White House initiative when he visited Harvard, “in the direction where [sexual assault] is just not acceptable.” The “It’s On Us” campaign was launched in September this year, with the goal of preventing sexual assault specifically on college campuses by promoting the importance of bystander intervention. Lierman visited Harvard to speak to students about the campaign on Oct. 7, hosted by the Harvard College Democrats. READ MORE

Love/Hate for the Quad

By Jahnavi Curlin
October 17, 2014 - 9:42pm

Let’s just say it.  It’s on all of our minds, and I'll be the one to put it out there: The Quad is incredible.   Sophomore year is an adjustment, for sure.  I’m no longer living right next door to the John Harvard statue, but I’m also no longer swimming through tourists to get to the Berg for a bowl of cereal.   The Quad is home.  When I leave in the morning, walking through Porter to grab a coffee, I feel like I am more a part of the city.  When I get back to the Quad at night and see the lit-up Pfoho bell towers, I know I’m back.  So, for all of you freshmen eagerly looking towards Housing Day, here’s a quick list of why the Quad (holla at Cabot) is the best:   1.  The Shuttle READ MORE