6 Things to Do While You’re Snowed in at Harvard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

As thrilled as we are to be back on campus, we’re thankful that winter storm Juno put shopping week on pause. Let’s be honest: was anyone really that psyched for the return of problem sets, papers and demanding professors? (We didn’t think so.) While some collegiettes may use today’s cleared GCal wisely–planning the rest of their classes, getting ahead on internship applications, etc. –the rest of us are ready for a good time. Here are six suggestions to make the most of a once-in-a-Harvard-lifetime snowday, Netflix bingeing included. 

1. Instagram the snow from your window (or another scenic campus location)

How else will your friends from California know how cherished a Harvard snow day is? How will your friends in another house on campus know that your view of the frozen Charles River is better?

2. Actually “grab a meal” with your neighbor/friend/house tutor

We’re all guilty of promising someone we’ll “catch up over lunch” and never getting around to it–we’re oh-so-busy Harvard students, after all. There’s no avoiding said someone when you’re trapped inside the same house for the foreseeable future. Start off the semester right by sticking to your word!

3. Finally message that Tinder and/or Hinge Match

If he doesn’t reply, you can bury under the covers all day and no one will judge. 

4. Plan your exotic spring break getaway

Severe winds and knee-deep snow are all the motivation you need to buy that ticket to Mexico! (Or Belize…or the Bahamas…really any place where snow doesn’t exist works.) 

5. Have a snow day photoshoot with your blockmates

Like #1 on our list in its ability to hit 100 likes, but better for the possibility that it’ll turn into a memorable snowball fight. You’ll be pulling these pictures out at your 25th class reunion for some quality reminiscing, guaranteed.

6. Apply to write for Her Campus Harvard!

If you’ve made it this far on your free day, you’re obviously a devoted reader of Her Campus Harvard. Why not write for us too?! The application to join our team is short, sweet, and goes wonderfully with a cup of hot cocoa. We’re accepting new writers through February 6th and would love to have you!

Product Management Intern at Her Campus