6 Candy-flavored Cocktails That You Need to Try This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Whether you are the type to plan a costume for a month or the type to throw on a couple of items the day of, you still need your Halloween candy fix. Here are some recipes for fun drinks that will make you feel like a kid again and excite all the guests at your party or pregame.

The Tootsie Roll

If the tootsie roll cocktail sounds familiar, you are probably a fan of the show How I Met Your Mother. This super simple drink takes 30 seconds to make and is a must-try for all fans of the show.

1. Combine 1 part Kahlua and 2 parts root beer

Sour Patch Kids Shots

These sweet and tart vodka shots are a great way to kick off a party. If you do not have a week, you can substitute Skittles for Sour Patch Kids and let it sit for one day.

1. Seperate Sour Patch Kids by color

2. Fill clean, airtight glasses halfway with candy

3. Fill to top with vodka

4. Leave for over a week, until candy turns white

5. Strain with a cheesecloth or a coffee filter

6. Refrigerate

Almond Joy Cocktail

This cocktail has a couple more ingredients but requires no prep and looks delicious.

1. Combine 1 part rum, 1 part Amaretto (or substitute), 1 part creme de cacao, and two parts half and half

2. Shake over ice and strain

Pink Starburst Cocktail

For a more cute and fresh drink, try the Pink Starburst Cocktail.

1. Mix 1 part vodka, 1 part half and half, and 1 part fruit punch in a glass

2. Fill to 1 inch from the top with orange juice

3. Top with Sprite (or substitute)

Bubble Gum Cocktail

This classic candy makes an even better cocktail! 1. Combine 1/4 cup whipping cream, 1/4 cup milk, and 2 parts bubble gum vodka

2. Shake with ice and strain

Gummy Bear Sangria

You will probably want to make this fun drink for every party or movie night for the rest of the year.

1. Soak 1 1/2 cup gummy bears in vodka for eight hours or overnight

2. In a large bowl, combine gummy bears, 1 1/2 cup vodka, 1 bottle of white wine, 1 cup apple juice, 1 cup fizzy water, 2 sliced large apples, and 1 sliced lime

Moriah is a freshman at Harvard College and lives in Wigglesworth Dorm. She is from Honolulu, Hawaii and is interested in fashion, history, and the dumplings.
harvard contributor