david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

13 Movies to Pump You Up For Halloween!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Halloween is once again upon us! Rejoice! For all of you that might need a little help getting into the Halloween spirit, here is a list of some classics (definitely a generous use of that word for some of these…) to pump(kin) you up for All Hallows’ Eve! Disclaimer: This list is for the faint-of-heart, so I apologize if you are a fan of actually scary movies. In that case, congratulations, you are very brave. 

1. Halloweentown (1998)

Disney Channel Original Movies at its best. This classic tale of angsty teen meets crazy badass grandma is still well worth the watch. 

2. Hocus Pocus (1993)

This needs no explanation. 

3. Corpse Bride (2005)

The perfect mix of creepy and sweet you never knew you needed.  

4. Casper (1995)

Another iconic tale of an angsty teen, but this time throw in a strangely sweet romance with a poltergeist. 

5. Beetlejuice (1998)

While this may not technically be a Halloween movie, it brags probably the most impressive cast of any movie ever. Peak Alec Baldwin. 

6. Twitches (2005) 

So bad, yet so good. 

7. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)

This one is really just a classic that you shouldn’t miss. Garunteed to make your heart bigger.  

8. Young Frankenstein (1974)

Wicked funny and only a little bit scary. Also Mel Brooks. 

9. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Perhaps the most classic of all of the movies on this list. And it will have you singing until Christmas. 

10. Teen Witch (1989)

Brace yourselves. Queen Blake Lively has a sister, and she stars in this delightfully cheesy 80s flick. 

11. The Addams Family (1991)

Wednesday Addams is my spirit animal. 

12. Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit 

Hilarious and heartwarming, but beware, claymation is low-key terrifying. 

13. The Little Vampire (2000)

Perhaps the world’s cutest kid living out your Vampire fantasy adventures. 

NOTE: Movie watching experience heightened with some boos and paranormal snacktivity (sorry, I couldn’t help myself).  

Happy Halloween! 

harvard contributor