Summer Changes On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.

First off, welcome Class of 2017! I hope you’re settling into campus well. For everyone else, I hope you’ve settled back into the routine by now.

Returning students might have noticed all of the new changes on campus recently. Here’s a quick overview:

The freshmen complexes all have new doors that are harder to open without an ID card. Complexes A & B also had their front courtyards renovated in an effort to reduce flooding and drainage problems.

The Great Room in the Konover Campus Center has a new door, and work was done inside to make the room nicer and more usable.

Both Konover and Hillyer Hall had roof work done.

Aramark gave students more lunch options with “Fork In The Road” – open on Tuesday and Thursday on the GSU patio during happy hour.

Finally, the water feature outside the Hartt School was completed this summer, after work began in the spring.

Outside Andrews Hall, A-Complex, photo courtesy of University of Hartford.

May all beings be happy and free and may my life in some way contribute to that happiness. I'm a New Hampshire native, and a journalism major at the University of Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut. I write books sometimes. When I grow up, I want to be a reporter.