books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Five Ways To Get Through Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.
  1. Get Organized!

So many tests but so little time, right? Wrong! You know your test dates and the material you need to study, so write it down so you know what is happening when. Getting a planner or a dry erase board can be a really good way to do this. If that’s not your thing, you can use your phone to remind you – type everything you want to accomplish each day into a note then screenshot it and set it as your lock screen! You use your phone constantly, so you’ll always be reminded of what you need to get done (you can put that cute picture of you and your bestie back as your lock screen photo when midterms are over; she’ll understand!)

1. Study Buddy anyone?

You KNOW who knows their stuff in the class, maybe you’re even one of them! So get into a group and study. They may understand something you don’t and be able to explain it in a way that makes complete sense to you, and vice versa! Plus, it’s a great way to make new friends and to get that know that cute guy that you’ve been staring at all semester long.

1. Catch your Zzzzzz’s! (Or at least some coffee before class)

Let’s face it, pulling all-nighters is sometimes inevitable; but you should really get at least a little sleep! Try taking a power nap, just make sure it’s before 3 p.m. because if you take a nap after 3 p.m., your body will think it’s time for bed, and will start to shut down, leaving you super tired and making it harder to study. But if you do pull an all-nighter,get to Einstein’s in the morning for a warm toasty bagel and a cup of coffee to wake you up a bit!

1. Turn off the electronics!

Your phone, though it seems like you can’t live without it, is a huge distraction when you’re trying to study! I mean, how exactly are you supposed to remember anything if your phone is constantly buzzing/ringing and you’re roaming your newsfeeds for the latest gossip! Try turning it off, or leaving it in your dorm room while you spend a few study hours in the library. Trust me, it works!

1. Take longer showers!

Alone time on campus can be really hard to find – you have friends, coworkers, and even when you go back to your dorm, there’s your roommate. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, but everyone can use some alone time to clear their head, relax, and just let the mind roam for a while. Taking a shower is one of the most relaxing things a person can do, the hot water relaxes your muscles and the steam clears your pores, so why not clear your head? Even if it means getting up 15 minutes earlier, it’s worth it. There’s no books, no phone, nothing besides you and your thoughts, and that can be really calming.

Greetings HerCampus Users! Miranda here! I'm a freshman on the University of Hartford Campus majoring in Communications. I'm the PR&Marketing Director as well as Style Editor for the Her Campus, so if you have any suggestions for an article let me know! I'm always willing to make another friend so if you ever see me around, say hi! Contact Information: Find me on Facebook! Instagram: @crazyxmirandaxsoup Twitter: @mschmalfuhs