Campus Celebrity: Alex Fusaro ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hartford chapter.

Name: Alex Fusaro , “DJ Alex Tric”

Year: Sophomore

Major: Performing Arts Management

HC: What made you choose to attend UHart?

Alex: Honestly, it was between here and Long Island University at CW Post. But I’m from Long Island (or Strong Island is what I prefer it to be called) and I didn’t want to stay so close to home. I decided here with intentions of transferring after the first semester, but when I got here and me and my two roommates clicked really well and we all became best friends, I decided to stay. So, I guess you can I didn’t really choose University Of Hartford. I didn’t want to go here until I got here and found it was the best place for me.

HC: How did you make a name for yourself as a DJ on campus?

Alex: The on campus radio station (WSAM) helped me out a lot. I joined it my first semester, and started deejaying with other DJs in the station, which led me to being asked to do events around campus. On campus, I’ve done everything from freshman move-in day, to Relay For Life, to Greek events. My biggest gig was last year’s Spring Fling, where I opened for Fabolous. Now I am greatly involved in Greek Life, and I get a lot of gigs through that. IFC contacts me for almost every event they throw – including formals, semi-formals, socials, and other parties, which are all a big part of my DJing resume. I pride myself on energetic and feel-good music. Also, I realize a lot of fraternities and sororities on campus do not have a large budget for these events, so I always make sure I am as affordable as possible.

HC: How far do you want to go professionally with DJing?

Alex: I’m always looking to move up in the industry, mostly through performing at larger venues as well as performing alongside some bigger names. Back home on Strong Island, I have a residency at The Artful Dodger bar in Huntington Village, also known as Radio Nightclub, where I DJ every Thursday. It’s a great place filled with great people, and I can definitely consider it a home. The people I’ve met and the contacts I’ve made have allowed me to grow; especially this last winter break. The gigs I’ve had back home have let me save enough to upgrade my equipment. Now you can expect more recordings on my Soundcloud page: Soundcloud.com/alextric. Of course they are all available for free download!

HC: What’s your dream job?

Alex: To own and operate a production company.

Ashleigh Kaufman is a sophomore communications major with an emphasis in media and journalism. Ashleigh is a general assignment for STN2, the news station on campus