We Left These Things in 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Its 2017 and time to move on to bigger and better things. In order to do that, we need to switch some things up and leave some things behind. Here’s a list of what Her Campus HU feels should be left behind in 2016.

1. He’s no good for you, leave him in 2016!

No need to get down on yourself we’ve all dealt with someone who brings on so much stress and problems. Girl, you know he isn’t worth it! We all been there but it’s time to start fresh and new. It’ll suck at first but then you’ll realize you are perfectly fine without him. Your confidence will shoot up too.

2. Stop being petty on purpose!

Sometimes our subconscious kicks in and makes us act petty. In some occasions it may seem necessary, but let’s try to stay away from it in 2017. Being petty doesn’t always work because it usually only causes more conflict. This year let’s try to leave as much of our pettiness as we can in the dust.

3. Put an end to the over exaggerated highlight!

Most girls love make up and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, but us brown skin girls should not be walking around with snow white highlights. It’s understandable that you want to be seen from space but try to tone it down a little bit. It’s nothing wrong with having a beat face but just know when you’re doing too much.

4. Showing and telling your life online!

This can go so many ways. We get that you may be going through it but the world does not need to know that your boyfriend broke up with you and why you guys got into an argument. This year let’s try to keep more things more private. Also save the thirst traps for yourself. There’s nothing wrong with posting a picture of yourself on the beach, but the thirst traps have to go.

5. Leave the clear booties!

To each its own but there is nothing cute about walking around with foggy and sweaty boots. Ever since Kim Kardashian wore perspex heels from Kanye West fashion show everyone has been walking around with them. Just because 1 celebrity wears them does not make them cute. Everyone can see your feet sweaty and undone toes. Lets try to wear regular booties in 2017 ladies.

So, ladies if you’ve done or wore something on this list it’s okay! Don’t feel bad I’m sure we all have last year. Try to stay away from these things and make yourself better in 2017.