This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.
“Aren’t you glad this week is over?” That’s all I’ve been hearing since Friday. Study sessions, online assignments, group projects, research papers, and the ugliest of them all, tests. Hampton University just got through another midterm week and now it’s time for Homecoming, but don’t forget about them just yet! Midterms are more than just another week at college. This week was more than stressful for a lot of students. The late night studying was just one aspect of the struggle. Cramming isn’t a good habit to have but it’s no stranger to any student during midterms week. Work, extracurricular activities, and hanging out with friends suddenly become an afterthought. 

Your academic career is after all the reason you are in college to begin with. But just how scary are midterm grades?  They’re a snapshot of the hard work you’ve put forth so far. They determine whether you need to step it up, keep it up, or even drop the class. If you’ve been handling your business thus far, this week shouldn’t be a problem for you. If it is, no worries, you still have some time to salvage yourself. Midterms are the perfect wake-up call! If there’s one thing you never want do, it’s give up on your grades. So never fret. It’s just time to buckle down and get those A’s. Halloween is what should be scary, not midterms. 

Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.