This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

On February 13th students had the opportunity to voice their concerns about things that happen on campus, and receive feedback from university officials. This event was not only open to students, but all faculty. The administration present included: President Harvey, Police Chief Glover, Director of Student Activities-Anzell Harrell, Provost- Joanne Haysbert, VP of Student Affairs- Barbara Inman, SGA President Martha Baye, and Director of Treasury-Doretha J. Spells. Students were allowed to submit questions on index cards and SGA senators read them to university officials. Students who couldn’t attend were able to watch the Town Hall live via Twitter. Some major takeaways from the 2017 Town Hall include:

1. The Pirate Express Shuttle Bus will run every hour and will cost two dollars a trip. Stops include The Peninsula Town Center, Walgreens, and Walmart. Cash isn’t accepted but you can use pirate bucks on your ID.

2. A portion of James Hall will be renovated to be similar to VC Suites. Residency in these rooms will be limited to male freshman honor students

3. Allowing microwaves and refrigerators in every room is on the projected 2020 plan.

4. An inspection of the Dubois Elevator will take place this summer. Currently the elevator is up to standard, though it was built 2000.

5. Hampton University parking violation ticket prices will be reduced from $50 to $20. This reduction will align with the city of Hampton’s parking fees.  

6. Dr. Inman and The Career Center are developing program that will be a professional clothing closet. Students who need “Hampton Professional” attire for a career fair or interview but do not have access to those items in their own closet will be able to check out clothing on a need basis.