These Tours Will Heat Up Your Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Black history month rounds out with all sorts of black boy joy, in the form of tour announcements, as some of hip-hop’s major artists unveil concert dates. It seems that our favorite artists are keeping up with the warm weather by heating up our calendars with nationwide shows. Future, J.Cole, and Chance the Rapper are just a few of the heavy weights that are bringing their talents to a city near you.

Future and Chance the Rapper warmed up hearts on Valentine’s Day when the news broke about their upcoming shows. Chance tweeted the flyer for his Spring 2017 Tour early that morning. Shows begin April 24 in San Deigo, and hits cities including: Houston, D.C, Atlanta and New York- suprisingly, a Chicago date isn’t listed for Lil’ Chano to appear back in his hometown.

Future trumpeted his tour announcement on his return to social media Valentine’s Day as well. The Nobody’s Safe Tour, “will include Migos, Tory Lanez, and Kodak Black along with Young Thug and ASAP Ferg for select dates,” according to Complex. The rap vocalist lives up to being one of the hardest working rappers in the game, with two album releases this week, FUTURE and HNDRXX, and a tour featuring major players in rap.

J. Cole takes his platinum album, 4 Your Eyez Only, on a tour through North America this summer. Sticking to his habits of no features, Cole is expected to fly this tour solo, with no featuring acts. With about 50 dates in the United States, you definitely have a chance to witness J. Cole depict the music that tells the story of the murder of his childhood friend, James McMillian Jr., and the fate of McMillian’s daughter, Nina. According to Billboard.com, Cole is planning on to taking the tour through the U.K in the fall and winter.

Also coming to a city near you is hip-hop’s favorite bad boy we hate to love, Chris Brown. Breezy is taking us on his Party Tour this spring. According to HotNewHipHop.com, Breezy will share the stage with special guests 50 Cent, Fabolous, O.T. Genasis and Kap G this spring. A Virginia native, Brown will be returning home with a show in Hampton on April 20.

Last but not least, 21 Savage rounds out the list of artists embarking on tours for the summer. Appropriately named, Issa Tour, it will be Savage’s first time headlining a show.  New York’s newest female M.C, Young M.A. will accompany 21 throughout the states, along with Tee Grizzley and Young Nudy. Pre-order tickets have already gone on sale, but you can catch 21 Savage in Norfolk at the NorVa May 2 or D.C. May 6.

So it’s set! Whether it’s kicking off spring with Chance, partying with Breezy, or catching vibes with Cole, summer 2017 will be one full of unforgettable concerts you won’t want to miss out on. Now go collect some #blackboyjoy and grab some tickets.

Her Campus contributing writer @ the Real HU |Hampton University'18