This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Summer Hair Hacks

Summer is right around the corner, which means that it’s time for fun in the sun. Summer is the prime time to look snatched. Your skin, body, and hair have to be in order so you can slay with your summer glow. There will be plenty of bonfires, cookouts, and pool parties. You’ll be so busy having fun and turning up that you probably won’t feel like doing your hair to slay everyday. Well have no fear because Her Campus is here with some easy hair hacks for the summer.

1. Wet your hair before getting into the water

Chlorine and ocean water can be very drying and damaging to your hair. Before you get into the water you should wet your hair and add a little leave in conditioner. Your hair can only hold a certain amount of water so wetting it before you get into the pool or ocean will prevent it from absorbing the pool or ocean water.

2. Drop the toothbrush

Want the wet and wavy baby hair look? To make your baby hairs look super cute drop the toothbrush and pick up an eyebrow spoolie. Spray your edges with a little water and apply a small drop of gel and light take the spoolie to brush your baby hairs into place. The shape of the eyebrow spoolie naturally gives your baby hairs that wavy look.

3.   Put it away

Protective styles are great for the summer. They allows you to slay while not having to deal with your hair. Braids, twist, crochet, and wigs are all great protective styles rock this summer. Crochet braids are super easy and if you’re worried about it not looking natural only crochet the back of your hair and do the first two rows individually.

4.  Wrap it up

Humidity can be a girl’s worst nightmare. Always keep a scarf or hat with you for those days when the humidity comes to attack. Scarfs can easily be tied into a head wrap or turban for a quick fix when you still want slay on those hot days.

5. Let it Be

Sometimes just letting your hair do its own thing is the best way to go. Messy hair can also be cute and your hair is very fragile so you don’t want to bother it too much during the dry summer months.

These simple hair hacks will be sure to make your summer go a lot smoother. You’ll have more time to have fun and enjoy your summer break while looking good at the same time.

Just a black girl who's constantly flourishing.