The Perfect Christmas Basket

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Tis’ the season to be jolly and giving to our family friends! However, as college students we all know our pockets can be a little empty and our accounts a little low at this time of the year. It also can be difficult to find time to shop and search for individual gifts. But don’t you worry, here is the perfect personalized Christmas basket with affordable goodies for your friends.

Basket/Bucket

First you need something to hold your gift items in. Since it’s Christmas you should use something festive such as a red or green bucket or basket. The dollar store, Target and Party City have these. Also make sure you add some shredded confetti or tissue paper, this can also be found at party city. If you’re really in the spirit, you can even find a cute Christmas stocking to hold the contents.

Snacks

You can never go wrong with food, especially for college students. Pick your bestie’s favorite snacks such as pop tarts, chips, or fruit snacks and definitely don’t forget the candy! The snacks are my favorite part of gift baskets.

Lotion

Bath and Body Works and even Target have affordable travel size lotions. These always come in handy and they come in many scents. Ladies, don’t let your friends walk around with ashy hands during this winter season.

Lip Balm

Our hands aren’t the only things that get dry in the cold weather, our lips do too. Add a cute lip balm to the basket, anything from Vaseline to EOS!

Candles

The dollar store has the cutest candy scented candles ranging from Skittles to Starbucks. Lighting a candle is the perfect way to relax after a busy day. Scented candles are always a go to gift.

Gift Card

If you’re feeling real generous you can add a $5-10 gift card to your friend’s favorite restaurant or store. Every one loves gift cards!

Fuzzy Socks

Everyone loves cute and decorative fuzzy socks. They are the perfect easy yet thoughtful gift for friends and family. These can be found at Target, Walmart and even the dollar store.

Hopefully these items give you some good ideas for your personalized gift basket(s). You can find most of these at the front of Target in their $1 section and the dollar store. Of course you can tailor the items to your friend’s interests and to your budget! Merry Christmas and Happy Gift Shopping!