Long Live Ayden, Short Lived but Your Legacy Continues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Recently, tragic and heartbreaking news came upon not just the mother of young Ayden Brown, but everyone aware and unaware of the situation. Ayden Brown, was a 3-year-old who had a hard and viral fight with stage 4 lung cancer, which took his life. His story alone raised $250,000 and continues. His mother Lindsey Licari announced Ayden’s death on a posted Facebook Live Video, Friday, November 3, detailing his last few moments of life.

“Today, I lost my son. In this world, there was not one doctor, one person that could offer my son any options at all. And he aspirated and stopped breathing. And I tried to do CPR and bring Ayden back. But I wasn’t able to. And they tried again, the hospital six times,” she said, in part. “And even when I saw lines straight, I still knew God could still help him. But Ayden’s body couldn’t take anymore. So today, I lost Ayden because we live in a world that doesn’t prepare for child cancer.” – Lindsey Licari

Ayden was a regular 3-year old boy who loved sports, superheroes, playing with toys, and endless adventures. Ayden’s story has made him a superhero to all children and their horrors of childhood cancer. The doctors predicted that he wouldn’t survive over three weeks, however, Ayden the superman fought way past that point.

Lindsey Licari did any and everything she could for her son by moving to several states for his treatment, quitting her job, staying endless nights in hospitals, and even standing on corners of the street telling her son’s story for donations. A mother should never have to bury her child. Lindsey has taken the death of her son, making awareness for all. Lindsey put together a non-profit called “Ayden’s Army Of Angels” in honor of Ayden and their journey, the objective is “Keeping Families Fighting Together” and avoiding a mother to choose between being by her child’s side and paying rent.

Read more about Ayden’s Life Long Story at: http://www.aydensarmyofangels.org/aydens-story

Her Campus Hampton U sends our deepest condolences and will continue to tell your story, life, and legacy!

Her Campus Contributor Account 
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.