This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This is our last treat of the semester! Finals are here and everyone’s stress levels are going through the roof. Ladies, I think I’ve found something to seriously relieve that stress; this week’s HMC.

This Week’s Hampton Man Crush-Brian Darden also known as BD, may be one of the busiest guys you will meet but he’s without a doubt worth the time and wait. Brian is a senior graphic design major from Hampton, Virginia. He is the starting guard for Hampton University’s Basketball team. Not only does Brian have skills on the court, he has vocal skills too. Some of you have seen him at Open Mic Night where he leaves every woman who walks in speechless and wanting to hear more. Take a study break and learn all about this musical cutie!

HC: What’s your definition of ideal success?

HMC: Doing what I love to do, not a lot of people get to do what they want to do and are happy with their job.

HC: If you had to choose between a basketball career and singing career, which would you choose?

HMC: Well right now I’d choose basketball, I feel like singing will be there after basketball. 

HC: What’s your biggest accomplishment with basketball?

HMC: In high school I scored 1,000 points. Also I got MVP of the championship game last year and we won the MEAC.

HC: What influential figure embodies the true definition of a black women in your opinion and why?

HMC: I would say my mother, because of everything that she stands for-just her values and morals all together.

HC: What’s your new years resolution?

HMC: To live my life to the fullest from here on out with no regrets.

HC: Who is your woman crush?

HMC: My woman crush has always been Megan Good!

HC: What are the three characteristics that of your ideal woman?

HMC: She has to be goofy as hell with a sense of humor. She has to be educated and know how to make smart decisions.

HC: What’s the first thing you notice about a girl?

HMC: I love big lips, but they can’t be too glossy or have too much lipstick, just a cool coat. All that extra lipstick is unnecessary sometimes.

HC: Are you currently taken or single?

HMC: Single.

HC: Are you more of a giver or receiver?

HMC: I’m definitely a giver.

HC: Do you have a type?

HMC: No, if I find you attractive or if I like your personality that’s really all that matters.

HC: Would you sing to bae?

HMC: Yeah, I’ll sing any time, no matter what we’re doing. 

Make sure you check out BD’s cover on soundcloud and follow him on instagram. Please ladies, don’t be afraid to speak in public. Her Campus promises he won’t bite.

https://soundcloud.com/bd-smoove/2012-x-maurice-chris-brown-cover

Follow him @BD14_!

Ayo Sutherland is from Los Angeles California and she is currently a Sophomore Strategic Communications major, marketing minor at Hampton Univerisity. She enjoys doing water activities, loves listening to music, and spending time with family and friends. Her main goal is to become a publicist and be know as the Olivia Pope of the Rap and Hip Hop industry and to be the best leader and role model to everyone. Her motto is, "Always remember that you are a not a yellow Starburst your a PINK ONE!" 
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.