Finest Freshman: Deshaun Diggs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Finest Freshman goes to Deshaun Diggs! Deshaun is a first-year Aviation major from Chicago, but recently moved to Nashville, Tennessee. He enjoys fashion and was in Hampton University’s 2017 Homecoming Fashion Show.

HC: What made you choose Hampton?

DD: Really just the Aviation program because I am able to graduate with all of my licensees. Also, when I came on the college tour I just really liked it.

HC: Is Hampton everything you thought it would be?

DD: No! Not this year. I like the people and the fashion aspect but they just cancel everything so I try to get involved and meet new people.

HC: How has your Hampton experience been so far? Have you been making the best of it?

DD: Yeah, it’s been cool the fashion show was fun. I joined Men’s Caucus and the Homecoming Committee.

HC: Why did you join Men’s Caucus?

DD: Really, because of my friend but I really like it. They are trying to change and make it better than previous years. We made an Instagram page, and we are getting shirts made. But we basically just volunteer, every Wednesday some of us volunteer at the daycare on campus. We just want to start talking to younger boys about just life and other things.

HC: What did you like about the fashion show?

DD: First, I would like to give a shout-out to Kash-Money. I liked it because Kash, Taylor, Michel, Jessica, and also Chris Bates changed the experience because they did a straight runway and made it more about the fashion and actually got real designers. So, they actually put on a really good show and [showed] what fashion shows are about.

HC: Have you found your perfect Hampton women? If you haven’t what makes your perfect women?

DD: *Chuckles* No. I actually have not. What makes my perfect Hampton women would be a light-skin, I know that’s wrong but a light-skin, with nice hair, and just keeps herself up.

HC: Are you the heartbreaker or the type to be heartbroken?

DD: I’m probably the heartbreaker. I’m just honest. I don’t like arguing and I just feel like some females just like to argue, so I’m just like “okay.” I just don’t like that kind of stuff.

HC: Do you think social media has affected our generation in a good or bad way?

DD: I think it has affected us in both ways. Like finding out things that are going on in the world, that’s a good way. Then the bad way, you know, arguments and fights start from social media as well.

HC: What do you want to accomplish while you’re at Hampton?

DD: I just want to be better than how I came in, graduate, be a pilot when I graduate, meet new people, and look back on it and just be like it was a good experience and recommend the college to anybody.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

DD: In 10 years, flying planes with a family. I really want to live in D.C., I just really like the atmosphere

HC: If you could be a fruit or food what would you be?

DD: Um, a pinappl-… If I could be a fruit I would be a tomato, because that’s a fruit and not a lot of people know that. I kind of like different. You might look at me and be like he’s this but really you don’t know me.

Be sure to follow Deshaun on Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat!

Instagram: Diggs98

Snapchat: diggs98

Twitter: 98diggs

Iyana Woodard is a sophomore, strategic communications major from Atlanta, Georgia.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.