Easy Holiday Articles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s that time of year again! Everyone’s headed home for the holiday to spend time with family and friends but most importantly to eat good. However, somehow this year you got roped into bringing something over grandma’s house for Christmas dinner and we all know that one auntie or cousin who every year no one touches their food. Well don’t be that auntie this year, here’s a list of recipes everyone can master and the whole family will enjoy.

Next-Level Holiday Cookies.

Kids will love them and they are an easy dessert no searching for a paper plate, or plastic utensils. This recipe has 16 options for you to make for the family this holiday.

Honey Garlic Shrimp

They’re easy and delicious, plus everyone loves shrimp and if they don’t you can easily substitute the shrimp for chicken. If you chose to put a side dish with this rice, noodles, spinach or kale would be great. Here’s the link to recipe.

25 super easy no-bake desserts

Now no bake might require a little bit more work sometimes but you also don’t have to worry about anything burning or heating up the dessert when you reach your destination. Here’s the link

To the lucky 21 and up her campus readers here are some super fun drinks to try this holiday, because everyone loves drunk dancing with their relatives!

If you’re feeling crafty and want to really impress your relatives here is a recipe to make your own peppermint vodka. If you want to be really extra you could decorate the outside of the mason jars with glitter or silver paint so your drink is extra festive.

If it’s cold where you’re spending christmas, it’s always great to have some more drinks on hand, so here’s 25 bomb cocktails to head over to grandma’s house with!

Remember, just follow the recipe, set timers, and take a deep breath no one’s expecting a 6 course meal out of you just something yummy the family can enjoy together. Happy Holidays!

I am my ancestors wildest dreams