absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Discovering Delicious Meatless Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Often times you hear people complaining that becoming a vegetarian, pescetarian, and/or vegan is expensive, time-consuming, and BORING. I’m here to tell you that all of this is absolutely false. You are not only limited to lettuce and raw vegetables because there are a number of interesting recipes out there! Here are a few ways I keep my meals interesting:

Vegetarian Meat/Tofu

As a pescetarian, I know how hard it is to ignore those cravings, but instead of breaking down I have found a new love for vegetarian meat and tofu. Yes, I was TERRIFIED at first but trust me, it is so good! Morning Star, the brand I have recently been eating, has such a variety. You can get chicken strips, “meat” balls, anything you can think of and it will completely satisfy those cravings. Also, the tofu (sofritas) at Chipotle is BOMB! The look of it sitting in the pan may be a turnoff but when I say it tastes like spicy chicken, I am NOT lying!

TASTY

Everyone loves Tasty videos. I know I can sit there and scroll for hours. They conveniently have a number of fish based, vegetarian, and vegan meals that are easy to prep and make.

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest!

Pinterest has TONS of recipes! You can get as specific as you want and they will find something for you. The best part about Pinterest is that it is nothing but PICTURES! So, it’s not a lot of reading just the picture and the recipe! If your mouth doesn’t drool while scrolling, something is wrong with you.

Good ole Google

As a given, typical search engines are key for beginners and those looking for new recipes. They may become repetitive but it can lead you in so many directions!

While looking for recipes remember to keep an open mind and try new things!

HAPPY EATING!

Iyana Woodard is a sophomore, strategic communications major from Atlanta, Georgia.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.