Campus Cutie Jaida Brooks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Get to know this week’s campus cutie Jaida Brooks. Jaida is a Sophomore, Strategic Communications major from Bowie, Maryland.  In her free time, she loves to watch Grey’s Anatomy, dance, and to go shopping.  You can catch her on campus in Women’s Caucus, New Era as Miss New Era, Service Spree, and a BOTS 2017 leader. Read more to find out about Jaida!

HC: What emoji do you think describes you as a person?

JB: My favorite is arrow with the heart because I’m very supportive of my friends. Whenever they vent to me I always try to uplift and encourage them that everything they’re going through is not something they cannot get through.

HC: How would you describe your personal style?

JB: I’m very urban and tom boyish but can be girly with it. I love Zara, Nasty Gal, and Asos. That kind of vintage style is what I like.

HC: Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your freshman self?

JB: Never lose your faith, always continue to push through, and know that God wouldn’t put you in a situation you can’t handle and stay open minded.

HC: What’s your go to clothing item in your closet?

JB: It would be my ponchos especially in the fall.

HC: How would you describe your dream guy?

JB: Ambitious, spiritual, caring. Someone like my dad because my dad has a very big heart and he sacrafices a lot for his family because he makes sure we have a lot, and are happy before him, he’s very selfless.

HC: How has your experience been with the Hampton man?

JB: The Hampton man is not what I thought. I thought I was coming to a school where most of the men were gentlemen but it was different when I got here. But all of the men here have very cool vibes.

HC: What’s your current relationship status?

JB: I’m single and ready to mingle.

HC: What’s something you would want someone reading this article to know about you?

JB: I’m very easy going and I love meeting new people. I’m also a very good at giving people advice on personal problems and fashion tips.

HC: How are some ways you’ve brought your love for dancing to this school?

JB: I’ve been hosting dancing classes every month on Sundays to expose students to the industry side of dance. HC:Where do you see yourself after college?

JB: I aspire to move to California to pursue a career in the dance industry and get my masters in business administration.

Where can everyone find you on social media?

Instagram: @jaidamarie__

Twitter: @jaidamarie__

Snapchat: @jaidabrooks

Photo Credits: Taylor Dotson