Campus Cutie: Ikerra Collins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Ikerra Maray Collins. She is a sophomore Kinesiology major from Willingboro, New Jersey. On her downtime, Ikerra loves planning community service events and hanging out with her friends. Ikerra serves as the Community Service Chair for both The National Council Of Negro Women and Women’s Caucus chapters at Hampton.

HC: Favorite music genre/artist?

IC:Rap and Meek Mill

HC: Who is your greatest inspiration?

IC: Michelle Obama, I know it is a cliché answer, but she is a very influential Black female activist. I appreciated how she has always used her platform to advocate the issues that women want to be heard.

HC: If you could bring someone back from the dead who would it be?

Maya Angelo because she is an inspiration to all Black Women and an influential contributor to Black history.

HC: What is your favorite place to shop?

IC: My favorite place to shop would be Fashion Nova it always fits true to size. When I shop at Forever 21 and buy a large it fits as if it were a size small. However, when I shop at Fashion Nova I get my size and it fits perfectly.

HC: Celebrity Crush?

IC: Meek Mill

HC: What is your favorite quote?

IC: “She believed she could, so she did,” I love this quote because it is about believing in yourself. Sometimes when you are at your lowest point you have no faith in yourself, and hearing that quote makes me feel very fierce.

HC: How do you balance your academic and social life?

IC: I balance my academic life and social life by staying organized, I always make sure that I write things down. If I know I have something due, or something coming up I always write a list of what to prioritize first

HC: What is your biggest turn off?

IC: My biggest turn off is when a guy does not carry himself properly! If he is always out partying, looking dingy, and dirty then that’s a problem for me. I feel that your outside appearance matters so it is important to me that my man cares about that.

HC: Describe your personal style?

IC: I am for sure a mix of classy and sexy. For example, if I am wearing a deep V-neck shirt I will always have a jacket on.

HC: Nicki Minaj vs Lil Kim

IC: Lil Kim she brings out the boss in me!

HC: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you?

IC: One day in ninth grade at lunch I got a chocolate milk, and I’m lactose intolerant, so my stomach automatically started bubbling. I raced to the bathroom because I had to use it really badly. After doing the doo I went to go wipe myself and since my shirt was so long I wiped myself with my shirt too. However, I didn’t know at the time that poop had got on my shirt, so all day I was walking around with poop on my white blouse until someone told me.

HC: If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?

IC: I would probably redo my senior year of high school because I was not as sociable or prepared to go to college.

HC: What is your best childhood memory?

IC: All the times I went to my grandma’s house and bonded with her and all my cousins.  We would “fake cook” together and make patties and cakes using dirt.

You can follow Ikerra on Instagram @ikerra_ and on Snapchat @ikerraaaa!

Raven Reaves-Jackson is currently a sophomore Journalism Major, Marketing Minor student at Hampton University. She is entertaining, thoughtful, adventuresome and has great aspirations of being an on-air talent. Raven enjoys reading and listening to podcasts on her downtime. In life, she aims to always have the best support for her family and peers. Raven believes that all good things take time and has big aspirations of starting her own non-profit organization in the future. 
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.