Campus Celebrity: Sylviana Moore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the one and only, Sylviana Moore! Sylviana is a graduating senior,  Business Management major, Leadership Studies minor, from Sacramento, CA. I am sure you all have seen Sylviana with her business professional attire on, looking like she is ready to conquer the world. Continue reading to learn more about Sylviana and all of her hard work!  

HC: Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

SM: That’s a difficult one. I would hope that our business is in a place where it is sustainable, doing more community work, and see our people are benefiting from this product.

HC: Why are you an entrepreneur?

SM: I became an entrepreneur because of freedom and impact. I have always wanted to be able to call my own shots, be in charge of my destiny, and have the ability to set my own life. I love knowing that every action I take, truly has a direct impact on the outcome of the business and the community. When you’re an employee, what you do has limited impact. When you’re running the company, each and everything you do can make or break it.

HC: What made you create Prodygii?

SM: I created Prodygii because I wanted to create a resource for African American students. As I matriculated through Hampton University, as a first-generation college student, I ran into challenges. In specific facets such as financial, professional development, and adulting. On many occasions, it was not because I did not have the drive or ambition, it was solely because I did not have the know-how. Once I started planting seeds, building my professional network, and finding mentors, I began to see my harvest. Now, I would like to reach back and provide the resources that I was lacking.

HC: Do you plan to return back to California after graduation?

SM: No, one of the benefits of attending Hampton University was the exposure and opportunity to travel. I have seen that African Americans on the east coast have built a phenomenal network. Not that California doesn’t have professional networks, but I want to continue to explore opportunities that the east coast has for me.

HC: Have you left your mark on Hampton University’s Campus?

SM: By participating in multiple events and organizations, it has given me a lot to reflect upon when determining the mark I have had on this campus. I feel like the magnitude of my impact will be impossible to determine until after I graduate. Nevertheless, I am sure that Prodygii will go a long way in cementing my legacy.

HC: What is some advice that you wish you had known prior to coming to Hampton University?

SM: Your ability to excel is based on your willingness to connect and seize the opportunities presented to you. Enter with the mindset of being able to control your own destiny and you should have no problem reaching your potential.

HC: Do you have any post-graduation plans?

SM: Once I graduate from Hampton, I plan on celebrating this accomplishment by going on a few trips with my family and friends. Afterward, I will be moving to Washington, DC, to work for Accenture as a Consulting Analyst.

HC: What can we expect next from Sylviana Moore?

SM: As of now, I am solely focused on today’s work. However, if I did have to guess, I would say that my future is truly glorious. I accomplish my dreams and make them into a reality. I am able to reach new heights at work and in my community, and I scale obstacles and overcome challenges.

If you have any interest in finding a mentor or becoming a mentor, head over to Prodygii to stay updated with their information and events! Also, be sure to follow them on social media, Prodygii can be found on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.

FB: @theprodygii

IG: @theprodygii

LI: Prodygii

Don’t hesitate to continue supporting Sylviana and her mission to give back to the community. If you are interested to follow her journey and success you can connect with her on Instagram!

IG: @sylviana.moore

Naya is a very outspoken, determined, and confident individual. She is currently studying at Hampton University, where she major's in Strategic Communication with a minor in Marketing. A fun fact about Naya, is that she loves the Sex and The City series, and her favorite character is Carrie! One of Naya's dreams is to be an entertainment publicist as well as opening her own public relations firm. A phrase that Naya lives by derives from 2 Cor. 4:17-18., "This too, Shall pass.". Although life can get dark and discouraging, there are more blessings coming my way.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.