This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

I had the pleasure of sitting down and talking with Chazz Owens and talking to him about his hat line. Chazz is a junior,  electrical engineering major from Norfolk, Virginia. He tells me all about his success, drive and how he does it all. You can buy his hats from yearofthe2.com. Enjoy his Q&A!

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

CO: “It’s always two,”

HC: How would you describe your personal brand?

CO: It’s just different. It’s chill but I flex at the same time.

HC: Are you still into music?

CO: Yes but in different ways. I have conversations with people in the music industry just to network.

HC: What made you want to design hats?

CO: I was already doing it for myself and then I heard someone say they made 60,000 per month doing it so I decided to try my own line.

HC: How do you balance school and the hat business?

CO: It’s hard ‘cause my hat business really took off. But I get everything done.

HC: Why do you think your hat business blew up so quickly?

CO: Because there’s actually a message behind them and they appeal to the youth.

HC: Do you think your recent success has changed the way you view things?

CO: Definitely. I’ve been putting a lot of things in perspective. You realize that everyone doesn’t want to see you successful so I have to look at people and things differently.

HC: What is something people don’t know about you?

CO: I do everything myself. The website, sales, marketing, everything.

HC: What’s your ultimate goal for the future?

CO: I want to start an NBA team in Virginia.

21. Hampton U Senior
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.