Boss Babes: 2017-2018 Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Hello Boss Babes,

A new year has finally arrived on Hampton University’s campus which means many different things for the Hampton woman.

The first month of the school year is like turning the page in your favorite book. You’re filled with eagerness and excitement to continue the book you’ve started and see what the next chapter will be.

For some, this start is one of a series to be continued, a new business venture, a promise to one’s personal authenticity or for others it’s the final chapter. To add to the mix, the fall season is also peeking its head in throughout the month.

With all of these changes, you have your own agenda to fill, which can feel like a laundry list waiting to be checked off but not to worry. We here at Her Campus can give you just what you need to optimize your year and to maintain your boss babe status!

1. Get a planner and notebook

Getting a planner to pencil in all of those important dates is the most sure-fire way of keeping yourself at bay. Whether you’re the super involved student or the one who just needs to keep their head above water planning your week out ahead of time (on Sundays) this is the best way to stay on task and keep up the world surrounding you.

2. Create a vision board or plan a vision  board night with your girlfriends

We’ve heard of them but have we actually put the pen to the paper and wrote out that thought? As surprising as this may sound, writing out those dreams and thoughts can be somewhat intimidating on your own. For some, it may mean this is real and now a commitment, for others maybe you’re just a procrastinating sally who gets around to things later. Whatever the category that you may fall in please know that you don’t have to do it alone. Getting together with friends can actually inspire you to write some of those goals down that you never thought twice about doing.

3. Get up and Get Moving Sister

Once you’ve identified those goals, start writing down your daily activities to bring them to life and get moving! Doing this at the end of your day each night is the best time to reflect and think about how you want to spend your time. It’s also an opportunity for some private time to yourself to write down how your day went, if there were any changes you’d like to make and if so how would you do it and also how you feel. Some days you may not be able to check everything off but that’s okay because there’s always tomorrow!

The list of strategies to keep you being a boss babe can go on and on however it’s good to have a solid foundation to start with so that you can carry out the dream.

Her Campus Contributor Account