mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things To Do in the Twin Cities During the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

If you’re like me and you live near the Cities, or if you’re living by them for the summer, it’s nice to know what they offer in terms of summer entertainment. So without further ado, here is a list of places to visit during the summer. 

Minneapolis Sculpture Garden and Walker Art Center:

You know the Spoonbridge and Cherry? That’s the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. It’s free to walk around in, and it offers 11 acres of park to explore. If you’re feeling adventurous and don’t mind waiting in line for upwards of three hours, there’s also a great mini golf course. You can also go walk around in the Walker Art Center and check out the cool galleries it has to offer. 

Como Zoo/Conservatory:

Located right down Snelling, Como Zoo is a must. Best of all, it’s free (although they do ask for donations). Bring a hat and some sunscreen, some patience for parking, your friends and get ready to have a great day at a wonderful zoo. Como Zoo is also home to a fantastic conservatory that you don’t want to miss. 

Minnehaha Park:

Minnehaha Park is the home of Minneapolis’s own set of waterfalls. It also has miles of trails up and down Minnehaha Creek that provide a great option for a day trip. Bring a picnic lunch and some family or friends and get ready for a great day. 

Lake Harriet Bandshell:

Lake Harriet is one of the many lakes within the Twin Cities. What makes this lake a must see? The Bandshell. During the summer, the Bandshell hosts concerts and shows movies among other events. It also has amazing ice cream. If none of those options tickle your fancy, you can also walk around the lake.

Uptown:

If you’re in the Twin Cities, you don’t want to miss Uptown. It has everything from restaurants, to antique shops, and is a short walk away from Lake Calhoun. It also just looks really cool, so if you’re into those aesthetic photos, you’re in for a treat. Check out the art fair it hosts at the end of July – you won’t be disappointed. 

Those are just a few of many fantastic places to visit in the Twin Cities during the summer. So, grab your friends and family and get ready for some great days.

Lauren Stretar is a student at Hamline University studying creative writing and sociology. She has two poems published.
Madelaine Formica is nineteen. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Hamline HerCampus Chapter. She's been published for her scripts on jaBlog and for a short story in Realms YA magazine. She's also a senior reporter for The Oracle and a literary editor for Fulcrum literary magazine.