danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Make Money in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamline chapter.

College students across the globe know that with a higher education comes financial instability and struggle. Putting all of your finances toward your education is a great opportunity, but while you live away from home, go out with friends, and enjoy life to the fullest, it can be a pretty spendy endeavor. However, there are lots of easy ways to make more money while studying!

Tutoring :

Choose to help others take hold of their education while simultaneously getting paid. Being employed as an official tutor through your university is not only beneficial for your wallet, but it will look great if you’re thinking about applying to grad school as you get to teach others and pass on your knowledge!

Childcare:

If you consider yourself to be a person who is good with kids, childcare is a great option for those in college who may want more cash flow. This may not be a great option for those with full schedules, but if you can make time, this can be a beneficial and rewarding way to get income. There are plenty of hard working parents looking for individuals they can trust to nourish and nurture their children.

Ebay:

A great way to make extra money without dedicating physical work or time is selling your personal items. Sites like Ebay and Shopify were created so everyday people could sell their unwanted belongings to get a little extra cash while simultaneously cleaning out space. Take a picture, pick a price and post those  old jeans you never wear for some income!

Pet sit:

You might  not be doing it for long periods of time, but pet sitting is a great option for making extra cash. This also can kill two birds with one stone if you miss your pets from  home! Offer to walk peoples’ dogs daily, or offer to watch their pets on holiday weekends. They’ll appreciate the resource and you’ll score some extra spending money. There’s even an app, Wag, that can help you find a pet sitting or walking job today!

Drive for Uber or Lyft:

Driving for these companies is a great resource for income for college students. If you have a car that’s ten years older or less and a clean record, you can set your own hours and drive for Uber or Lyft on your own free time. Driving around is a fun activity anyway, but even better  when you can make money!

Whether you watch peoples’ pets or simply sell your unwanted belongings on Ebay, you’ll be sure to make some extra cash and lift a weight off of your shoulders.

Madelaine Formica is nineteen. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Hamline HerCampus Chapter. She's been published for her scripts on jaBlog and for a short story in Realms YA magazine. She's also a senior reporter for The Oracle and a literary editor for Fulcrum literary magazine.