Kyra Jackson ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.
Name: Kyra B. Jackson

Class Year: 2014

Major: Theatre

Hometown: Long Beach , NY

What activities do you do on campus?
Theatere (obvs), and those very very very very rare occasions I’m not doing something theatre related; I try to place myself in an activity that requires me to speak a different language. 

How did you first get involved with theatere at Hamilton?
My freshman year Mark Cryer offered me a paid role in his Multicultural Theatre production. I was getting paid to do what I loved most in the world. That was a great way to start theatre in college!!

What do you miss most about home when you on the Hill?
My mom’s meals. Drinking casually at dinner with my family. And of course not spending my entire life in Minor Theatre. 

Pens or pencils?
Pencils. I like learning from and neatly erasing my mistakes rather than just scratching them out and making an ugly mess out of them. (wooaahh symbolismm?!)

What is your spirit animal?
Some sort of wild canine.. I’m thinking a majestic lone wolf of some sort…

If you were a building on campus, what building would you be and why?
Babbitt. #D-Side fo’ life

Favorite food: Crunchy Taccooooosss :)

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing, what would it be and why?
Tequila. I’m stuck there, I’m assuming there’s no cell service, and “a boat” is a cop-out answer. So besides JGL… I would bring a big bottle of tequila and make the most out of my time there!

Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.
-