This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Humans vs. Zombies

Have you noticed a bunch of students running around campus wearing bandanas and chasing each other? This past week we’ve been playing Humans vs. Zombies!

Every fall, students can sign up to engage in a highly competitive tag-like game. Humans identify themselves by wearing bandanas on their arms, while Zombies face the struggle of making a head bandana look good – except when they’re stunned by a human, when they put it around their neck and can’t tag anyone for 15 minutes.

You’ve probably seen some students wielding NERF guns and balled-up socks: official zombie-hunting equipment. It’s pretty stressful for the humans, who instantly turn into zombies once tagged by one of the undead. Zombies are only stunned when hit, but they have to physically tag someone every 48 hours or starve and be kicked out of the game. It’s harder than you’d think when the humans stock up on food and socks and quarantine themselves in safe zones (dorm rooms, classrooms, dining areas, etc). Luckily, daily missions provide reprieve from starving and advantages to the winning team.

While it might seem baffling and a little bit nerdy to the rest of campus, Humans vs. Zombies is a fun distraction from all the classwork and responsibilities that take over our lives at this point in the semester. Some people go hard and get really into it, finding it a point of pride to make it to Friday as a human, but it’s entertaining even for those of us who don’t get that far and spend most of the week looking for brains. If you’re searching for something fun to do this time next fall, look for Humans vs. Zombies sign-ups and prepare for war!