Get to Know Audrey Darnis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Audrey Darnis

Class Year: 2018

Major(s)/Minor(s): Women’s and Gender Studies and World Politics double major

Residence Hall: Millbank

Favorite song right now: “Night On Earth” by Jerkcurb

Extra-curricular activities:

Special K, Choir, jazz guitar, WHCL E-Board

What’s your favorite extra-curricular and why?

Special K. Music is my absolute favorite thing in the world, whether I am listening to it/creating it/sharing it/writing about it/playing it. I also adore singing, and to be able to make beautiful music with some of my best friends is honestly one of the most amazing things in the world. I feel so lucky to be a member of this group, as we truly care about each other for more than solely each other’s musical abilities. We are a support system for each other. Similarly, I have gained confidence in both my performance abilities, as well as confidence in my overall self as a person. I guess that Special K has helped me to better understand myself. I love belonging to a group that has had such a positive influence on my life, and that has provided me with a strong support system here on campus.

If you could choose your dream job right now, what would it be and why?

I struggle so much with this question… I strongly identify as a feminist and therefore would love to enter some sort of field in which I take a critical intersectional analysis on capitalism as well as imperialism//colonialism, but I’m not quite sure what field this fulfills. I’m also very interested in the prison system as well as the educational system. But to be honest, if I could really be anything, I would want to be in the music business. Either a musician, someone who is producing music, or a band member… that’s honestly my dream. But participating in that would sacrifice my love and passion for feminism and gender studies. So, I guess I don’t really know, haha.

What’s something you’d want the Hamilton community to know about you, that they might not already?

I was born in France and I love French language and culture! Oh, and I’ve recently become a vegetarian. And I was once bit by a squirrel.

Favorite midnight snack?

The song Midnight Snack by Jerkcurb!!—ha ha just kidding. Probably eggs and cheese on toast. I love eggs.

McEwen or Commons?

Commons food.

McEwen atmosphere.

Carolyn is a junior at Hamilton College. She is a Women's Studies major and Government minor. Carolyn loves to play acoustic guitar, sing a cappella music, travel and draw!
Allison Donlan

Hamilton '18

.