Five Ways to Wear High Waisted Pants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

If you’re looking for a trend that you can wear for practically any season, then high waisted pants are for you! High waisted pants are great for all body types because they create an hourglass figure by accentuating your waist. Plus, they make your butt look fantastic! What’s not to love, right? There are plenty of ways to rock this trend, however, the best ways to wear high waisted pants really depend on the tops you wear with them. 

1. The Crop Top

Crop tops are my favorite to wear with high waisted pants. You can show off just a sliver of stomach, but not the entire thing making your outfit sexy but not too revealing. 

2. Strapless Bustier Tops

A sweetheart neckline bustier exposes your shoulders and collarbone, creating a revealing combination while covering your legs.  This look truly gives you an hourglass shape from head to toe. 

3. Button Down Shirts

Pairing button downs with high waisted pants give off a laid-back and relaxed vibe. This look works best for casual outings with friends. 

4. Sweaters, Sweaters, Sweaters!

As the weather becomes colder (or not, because this is Clinton, NY and we can experience all 4 seasons in one day), pairing sweaters with high waisted pants is a must! This can be really cute, yet casual. You can tuck in the sweater, to emphasize the pants, or leave it out to show off more of the shirt If you’re indecisive like myself, then you can opt for a cropped sweater; this way, you’re not forced to decide whether to tuck in the top or not. 

5. T-Shirts/Tank Tops

The simplest tops to wear with high waisted pants/jeans are t-shirts and tank tops. They are the ultimate definition of looking comfortable yet chic. It shows that you’re not trying too hard, while still looking fashionable. 

Where Can I Buy A Pair (or two)?!

High waisted pants and jeans can be found almost everywhere these days. However, my favorite places to buy them from are:

American Apparel, Riding Pants, $74

Urban Outfitters, High-Rise Seamed Jeans, $58

Zara, Trousers, ranges from $35-$120

djnelson

Hamilton

A girl from New York City with a love for fashion, food, photography, and Harry Potter.
-