Campus Celebrity: Finnely Cruger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Finely Cruger: 

Do you love to cook, bake, talk about food or just eat it? Well Finely does and due to this love, she is bringing the online food publication Spoon University to Hamilton College. We hope you will all check it out when it launches in November and if you are interested in food, apply to be a part of Spoon. 

Class Year: 2017

Major: PsychologyWhat is Spoon University: Spoon University is a student-run on-line publication that aims to provide the Hamilton community with recipes, basic cooking tips, restaurant reviews, and other information related to food experiences and events on campus.What is your role for Spoon University: Right now it’s just getting started, I am working on coordinating an interest meeting that will take place before fall break and spreading the word so people know about us!

When will it be at Hamilton: Applications will open October 15th and close the 29th. After that, selections will be made by Spoon National and we hope to officially launch by Thanksgiving!

Why are you interested in Spoon: I’m interested in Spoon because I love cooking, baking, talking about food, and eating food! I know there are many other people here who share these interests, and hope that Spoon will give Hamilton students a way to share this with each other.What’s your favorite thing to cook: This is probably a tie between chocolate chip cookies and baked mac and cheese. I’m a big fan of comfort food!

Do you cook often in the dorms: Not as much as I would like to! I’m trying to get better about it though. I made monkey bread a couple weeks ago and am trying to find time to make apple cheddar mac and cheese soon.What do you think Spoon offers to the Campus: Spoon offers a way for students to connect through something we can all relate to – food! Weather it’s coming up with ways to make commons bearable for a whole semester, or figuring out how to cook your favorite meal in a tiny dorm kitchen, we all share experiences of food and cooking on campus.  Spoon will allow us to make this connection even stronger.Anything else you want people to know about Spoon: Please apply! We are looking for writers, marketing team members, and photographers as well as a director for each committee.  The applications will open October 15th, so until then, like Spoon University – Hamilton on Facebook and keep your eyes out for more information on our interest meeting!

Laura is a sophomore at Hamilton College in the class of '17. She is Comparative Literature Major, who will be going abroad to Paris for her junior year. She is an avid baker and jewelry maker.