Best Places to Study on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.
Need a change of scenery while studying? Check out these great study spots around 

campus!
hamilton.edu

Indoor Spaces

1. The Library
The library is always the perfect spot for quiet study. Try mixing up locations by studying 
on different floors, at a table with friends, or at a desk.

2. Sadove
Sadove has plenty of computers, tables, and couches.

3. The Science Center
Conveniently located by Opus 2, the science center has great lighting and small tables, 
which make for perfect work spots. 

4. A Classroom in Root or CJ
If you need space to spread yourself out, try working in an empty classroom in Root or CJ. 

5. KJ
KJ has a large common area, which is perfect for working. You can also secure a classroom 
for a quieter workspace. 

6. Outside of Opus 1
Opus 1 always plays great music and makes for a more social workspace. Plus there are 
comfy couches!

7. Adirondack Chairs in Beinecke
The Adirondack chairs leading into Beinecke provide a unique and quiet study space if you 
don’t need a table to work on.
hamilton.edu
Outdoor Spaces
As the weather hopefully continues to get warmer, here are some perfect spots to study in 
the sun.

1. Area outside of Sadove
Enjoy the music from Hamilton’s own radio station while getting some homework done. 

2. Adirondack Chairs scattered around campus
Sit back in a chair, get some work done, and soak up the sunshine that we’ve been missing 
for so many months!

3. Bench in the Glen
If you’re feeling adventurous, go for a walk through the Glen, find the perfect bench, and 
enjoy doing work while fully surrounded by nature.

Laura is a sophomore at Hamilton College in the class of '17. She is Comparative Literature Major, who will be going abroad to Paris for her junior year. She is an avid baker and jewelry maker.