This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

You’ve probably seen her around campus, but if not, Abby Homer is that tall, beautiful, blonde girl that you want to get to know. She is super friendly and easy to talk to, so next time you see her, don’t be afraid to say hi! She loves all kinds of movies and music, and will bond with anyone over her love of cats.

Name: Abby Homer

Class Year: 2016

Hometown: Ellsworth, Maine

Relationship status: I’m in one

What kind of awesome things are you involved in on campus?

I’m on the Indoor & Outdoor Track teams, do Trivia in the Pub on Tuesdays (shout out to the rest of my team, David Bowie’s Slippery Jiblets), co-DJ a radio show at WHCL, and recently picked up a job at Admissions working as the Overnight Hosting Coordinator to help house all those lil’ prospies who come to visit.

Describe yourself in three words.

Talkative, excitable, sarcastic… also I just spent so long on that, so probably indecisive, too.

What is your favorite song to quote?

Because I’m weird I think it’s hilarious/hope that other people won’t think it’s weird if I try to quote as many songs as possible in daily conversation…. So um…. recently I’ve been on a Miley kick and have been using a lot of The Climb lyrics. It’s been going well.

Favorite movie to quote?

Anchorman or Bridesmaids. Obviously.

What’s your favorite source of procrastination?

My boyfriend (omgomg so sweet amirite), my friends, and so much TV and random internet

Describe your soulmate.

In a brief list, someone who: is really funny, marginally weird, intelligent, spontaneous, fun and active but then will be lazy with me when I’m tryna chill, loves movies (and will watch things I like even if they don’t), can show me new things, has nice eyes, likes cats, and is taller than I am. 

Chocolate or vanilla?

Chocolate if it’s fancy cake or actual chocolate. Vanilla if it’s birthday cake or any dairy product (aka I hate chocolate milk, pudding, ice cream, and fudgesicles if they count, too).

Stripes or polka dots?

Always stripes.

What’s your favorite article in your wardrobe?

Oh no…. okay…. uhhhmmm these orange, crazy geometric patterned similar-to-Toms shoes I got at some random store in Maine or this white t-shirt my friend got me with 6 hand-drawn cats on it.

What is your favorite part about Hamilton?

All the great people I’ve met! Cliché. Also, how all the buildings on the light side look (except the library, cuz that’s gross). Actually though, I think I love thinking about the history of the school and all of the opportunity it represents for the future.

Katherine is currently a sophomore at Hamilton College. She loves her school, penguins, dancing and is always down for a good adventure.
Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.