8 Things to Do at Hamilton Before it Gets Cold and Miserable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

1. Visit the Cider Mill

There’s a lot of amazing things about Hamilton, and one of them is its proximity to freshly made doughnuts and hot cider. I strongly recommend that you visit the Cider Mill, just down the Hill, if you haven’t gotten a chance too already…or even if you have. Everyone deserves a treat now and then.

2. Frisbee on the Lawn

Go play Frisbee! It doesn’t matter if you`re good or Perseus-level bad. For whatever reason chasing after a colorful plastic disc is a quintessential experience for any college student. Get out there and join the fun!

3. Wear a Cute Outfit Without a Massive Jacket on Top

No one likes the realization that their favorite weekend outfit is incompatible with the weather. Before we’re all forced to walk around looking like toasty marshmallows, make sure you get as much use out of your favorite clothes as you possibly can.

4. Take a Glen Walk

The Glen is beautiful during all seasons. However, it would certainly be a mistake not to take every advantage to go for a walk while the weather’s still warm. Check out some foliage, enjoy the fresh air, and stretch your legs.

5. Crawl

Crawls are also fun at any point during the year, but are even better (and safer) when it’s nice out.

6. Eat at the Tables Outside of Commons

Hand over your Hill Card to Marge and take your plate outside in front of commons! I hope you have exactly 3 friends with you (no more, no less) because the chairs outside don’t move. Regardless, it’s a great way to get some fresh air and enjoy the buzz of campus before everyone goes into hibernation for the winter.

7. Get a Smoothie at Euphoria

Although they are available all year round, no one wants to fill their stomachs with a frozen drink when the campus is already a frozen wasteland. Grab a smoothie while it’s still enjoyable, as we get ready to switch to tea and coffee.

8. Soak up Some Vitamin D Before the Campus Becomes Filled with Vampires

Hamilton REALLY gets into the Halloween spirit because after October 31.. Everyone turns into a literal vampire. The only thing lower than the average melanin level on campus is everyone’s average vitamin D. Spend time outdoors and soak up as many rays as you can while you have a chance!

Emma Ritz

Hamilton '20

Emma Ritz is a Junior at Hamilton College in New York, majoring in world politics. 
Allison Donlan

Hamilton '18

.