5 Reasons to Join Her Campus Hamilton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Her Campus Hamilton is in need of more writers! If you like writing, interviewing, or using social media, you should consider joining. You don’t need to be an experienced writer; we just want enthusiastic students who enjoy writing and want to share with fellow students. Her Campus Hamilton mainly produces content aimed at college women, but we welcome all students regardless of gender. Here are some reasons you should check us out:  

1. Develop your writing skills:

Whether you’re a frequent writer, an aspiring writer, or just someone who thinks they might be interested in writing, joining HC is a great way to get experience. There’s a nice balance of flexibility with writing about what you want, and some instruction to guide you. Your articles will be edited for basic mechanical errors and other noticeable issues if necessary, but your words will be left pretty much untouched other than that. Writing a short article or conducting an interview every week is a great way to get in regular practice.

2. Be published online:

Your own material gets published on our school’s chapter of a well-known online magazine, which is pretty exciting. If someone googles your name, your Her Campus profile with your articles will come up! It’s great to put your work out there, although if you’re hesitant about that you can publish anonymously instead through our contributor account.

3. Build your resume:

I’d never recommend doing anything just because you think it will look could to potential employers, but if you like writing anyway, Her Campus will be a great addition to your resume. Employers will like that you have writing experience, and we have leadership positions open as well, one of which involves working with our social media accounts.

4. Make an easy commitment:

While we expect writers to be publishing one (or more) article or profile per week, this isn’t a huge commitment. You have all week to write something, and can usually choose your own topic, or use one of our suggestions or assignments. Our meetings are usually short too. With lots of work from classes and responsibilities from sports or other clubs, HC is an easy addition to make to your schedule.

5. Meet cool people:

Spend some time each week with other students who share your interests. Share ideas about article topics or writing tips, help build a growing student organization, and simply take some time each week to relax with other members.

If any of these reasons appeal to you, or if you just want to learn more about Her Campus Hamilton, send us an email and/or come to our next meeting. 

HCXO

Allison Donlan

Hamilton '18

.