This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

1. Put chocolate milk in your coffee

We all know the coffee in Commons can be a little lackluster, but by adding a splash of chocolate milk you can give it a significantly better flavor and simultaneously cool it down from its usual scalding hot temperature.

2. Clean your camel back with a Q-tip

Not the whole thing obviously! Wash it out as you normally would, but then use a Q-tip to clean out the mouthpiece with all the small parts that are impossible to reach with a sponge. Believe me, after doing this one time you will realize just how dirty the moutpiece can get and why you really need to be cleaning it out thoroughly.

3. Peeled oranges make a great natural air freshener

Whether your room just hasn’t smelled quite right since you moved in or you are getting used to a coed bathroom situation, a little air freshening never hurt.  Grab an orange from Commons and save the peel in a bowl. Leave it out for a few hours while you are in class and by the time you return, the entire room will smell amazing.

4. Put your bath towel in the freezer

Is the summer heat minus air conditioning keeping you up at night? If so try putting you bath towel in the freezer a few hours before bed and then use it as a light blanket to help you cool down and fall asleep. The towel should stay cold just long enough for you to get to sleep.

5. Don’t go to the gym in the late afternoon

Not only is the gym more crowded in the late afternoon, but the windows face west and the sun is blinding on the cardio machines! If you can’t avoid going during that time frame bring some sun glasses or prepare to squint through your cardio.