sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things to Do in DC for Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

As most people know Valentines Day is coming up… Sunday, February 14th to be exact. Its probably hard to ignore being that CVS has been decked out in heart shaped everything for a few weeks now. 

Whether your looking forward to spending it with a significant other or your group of friends, there are awesome things around DC to do. Here are a few… 

Go ice skating outdoors at the National Gallery of Art and take in the beautiful scenery

Admission with student ID is $7.50 and then an additional $3 for skate rental.

Check out the Millennium Stage at the John F. Kennedy Center

Free performances (no ticket required) are held every day at 6 p.m: if you have not seen one yet this may be the very day to do it. 

Georgetown Cupcakes 

If you’re feeling in the mood for something sweet, work your way up to Georgetown and indulge in some heart decorated cupcakes in an assortments of flavors. Some of which include: 

Watch the sunset at the Jefferson memorial

Its as easy as searching the sunset time on Google and making your way to the historic sight. A great and free way to end the night, as well as enjoy the company of those you’re with. And a sight that will leave you looking like: