Nikolai Bottitta ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Name:  Nikolai Bottitta

Hometown: Munich, Germany

Lives: Montgomery, New Jersey

Year: Freshman

Major: Finance

Intended Minor: Geographical Information Systems or Sustainability

Involvement on Campus: Delta Sigma Pi Pledge, Residents Hall Association President, The GW Humanitarian Mapping Society, and the Civic House Program

Hobbies: Hiking, trekking, mountain climbing, basketball

Favorite Quotes: “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mhatma Ghandi ; “Ball is life.” – Everyone Favorite Class at GW: Calculus

Why GW?

I initially applied to all small liberal arts schools, and I was afraid of going to a city because I live near New York and I am not the biggest fan of it. Initially, I wanted to do environmental science, but I knew that I would not be a good teacher. Therefore, I decided that I wanted to do business and I knew that GW had a great Finance program, and I would love to do Finance for a large environmental firm to combine both my passions.

Why did you rush Delta Sigma Pi?

I chose to rush Delta Sigma Pi for the brotherhood because it is a family grounded in business. There are people in it who I know who will help me to develop my professional skills as a young businessman.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I see myself employed in the United States working somewhere in the Finance field. However, I will let life lead me to where I am meant to be.

What’s your favorite part of the Civic House Program?  

As a member of the Civic House Program, I moved in a week early and participated in the institute for citizen leaders and community building community. By coming to GW a week early and by being able to hang out with each other, it gave me a concrete foundation here. I know that my civic house family will stay with me for my four years of GW, and overall, it has made my time here very enjoyable.