How to Push through to Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Midterms are over (hopefully), and despite your exhaustion from those late nights at the library and long classes, you’re expected to keep going during the next few weeks until Thanksgiving break. It may seem impossible, but before you know it you’ll be drooling over turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and all the good stuff at Thanksgiving. Here are some tips to get you through to November 23rd.

giphy.com

1. Don’t stress. Yeah, you may have just gotten through with your midterms and now it feels like another round is coming your way, but don’t worry. Head to the library for a couple hours if you need to, but make sure to give yourself a break. Hit the gym. Grab some food with friends. Take a walk to Georgetown. You will get everything done, but don’t push yourself too hard, or you’ll go crazy.

giphy.com

2. Try to plan ahead for the next couple weeks including break. It’s not fun to have to make the train not only with a heavy suitcase but also with a heavy, stuffed-to-the-brim-with-books backpack. We all want to have a relaxing break with friends and family, so try to get some work done before the holiday. That way you aren’t bogged down by the paper you didn’t write or that test you need to study for, and you can hang with family and friends and maybe catch up on some sleep.

3. Find some good tunes to get you through the next two weeks. Good music makes me really happy and helps me get my work done. Check out Spotify’s “Discover” page, where you can find recently released material as well as Spotify’s personal suggestions just for you. Also, get excited for Taylor Swift’s new album which is out this week!

giphy.com

4. Drink your water and eat your veggies. I definitely don’t always listen to this one, but eating well can really have a positive impact on your mindset. If you fuel your body with good nutrients and keep hydrated, you’re going to see a difference not only in your skin and your sleep but also in the energy you have to get everything done.

giphy.com

While Thanksgiving break is only two weeks away, it may feel like it’s never coming. But don’t worry. Keep your head up, get your work done, take some time for yourself, and the turkey will be here before you know it. 

Main image from determinetobe.com.