Gretchen Bauermeister ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

This week we are switching up the weekly Campus Cuties with a girl! Meet Gretchen Bauermeister. Gretchen can be seen around campus (with her stylish glasses) helping out the Bureau of Transfer Affairs, interning at the Wego Concerts office or eating late night chicken fingers. 

Hometown: Northville, Michigan/Irvington, New York

Year: 2017

Major/Minor: Communication with minors in Economics and Biology 

Campus Activities: Alpha Phi, Membership Director for the Bureau of Transfer Affairs, Blogger for #WalkAbout, and Marketing Intern for wego concerts

Relationship Status: In a committed relationship with pizza

Celebrity Crush: A fictional combo of Ansel Elgort and Captain von Trapp aka old school Christopher Plummer… (although that probably wouldn’t even be very attractive tbh)

Worst Pick Up Line a Guy Has Ever Used On You (or Worst Date You’ve Ever Been On): The worst date I’ve ever been on was in 6th grade. I got asked to the middle school dance by a cute blonde hockey player and when I showed up to meet him in the cafeteria, he had invited another girl as well because he didn’t think we’d both show up.

Biggest Turn On: When a guy has great taste in shoes… and glasses. 

Biggest Turn Off: Boys who eat with their mouths open or talk while chewing. ALSO, people who are constantly running late!

Describe Yourself in 3 Words: Sassy, determined, and thoughtful

What’s Your Favorite Movie/Book/Musical Artist? Favorite movie is Beginners, favorite book is (still) A Catcher in the Rye, and favorite musical group is either Punch Brothers or Grizzly Bear.

What’s The Last Song You Listened To? Blue Monday by New Order

What’s a Quote That You Live By? “No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.”