Foggy Bottom Farmer’s Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Every Wednesday from 3 to 7pm farmers from all over the Washington, DC area gather together to bring the freshest local and organic fruits, vegetables, eggs, meats, cheeses, breads and so much more to Foggy Bottom. The small Foggy Bottom Farmer’s Market consists of 10 venders and an information kiosk located right near the metro stop on I Street between New Hampshire and 24th Street. Since they’re all locally made and grown, it’s a great place to get fresh, environmentally friendly groceries! You’ll be sure to make gourmet dorm-made dinners for your roommates (or just yourself!) with these great ingredients. Make sure to check out the market before it ends for the season- it’ll only be here until November 21st!

Melissa Minton is a junior at the George Washington University from New Jersey. She is majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications in the School of Media and Public Affairs. Along with being the Campus Correspondant for HC GWU, Melissa is the Vice President of a community service sorority, Epsilon Sigma Alpha. She has interned at Elle Magazine and hopes to one day write for a top fashion magazine.