5 Activity Ideas For a Girls Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

We like to try and convince ourselves that we are not a “girls night in” kind of person, but let’s be honest: how many times have we stayed in and just binged watched our favorite TV shows and movies? Exactly.

When’s the last time you had a sleepover with all your closest friends, especially since you’ve made new friends since college. So, why not try one of these ideas for a girl’s night in:

1. Rom Com Marathon

Get the girls to make a selection of top picks for rom com movie ideas; grab the chocolates, comfy pajamas, and fluffy pillows. Maybe The Proposal, Life As We Know It, Blended, or About Time.

(Photo Courtesy of favim.com)

2. “Yearbooks”

Not many of us bring our high school yearbooks to college, but Facebook still has photos from our high school years that most likely has a story to tell. Going down memory lane with Facebook albums is an enjoyable and entertaining way to get to know the girls on a whole new level.

(Photo Courtesy of Facebook Icons)

3. Photoshoot

This seems silly but it’s actually loads of fun. All you need is your phones or cameras and some silly props. Choose a theme for the photoshoot and have the girls bring silly props. You never know, one of these photos may be your next profile picture. Try the free “Awesome and Artsy Selfie Pic Booth of Fun” app to get started.

(Photo Courtesy from blogspot.com)

4. Dorm Decor Exchange

Are your dorm walls still bare? Have ideas or need some? Who else is better for support and ideas than the girls. They may have some cute ideas to help you get going on making your room feel more like home. You never know, they may have a shop in mind for you to get some decor items.

(Photo Courtesy from huffpost.com)

5. Showtime

Why wait for the weekend to do something with the girls? Make a weekly, relaxing get-together for your favorite TV show with the girls. Don’t forget the popcorn and snacks!

(Photo Courtesy from trendsylvania.net)