free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sitting Down with the Man of the Season, Santa Claus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

In a little less than two weeks, Santa Claus will be heading out in his sleigh to with a big bag of presents for every little kid out there! I’m sure all of you know about Santa’s nighttime journey on December 24th, but how well do you really know about the man donning the red suit? I sat down with the man of the season himself to find out more about Saint Nick!

So nice to sit down with you, Mr. Claus! How are Christmas preparations this year going?

“Please, call me Santa. Everyone else does! Preparations are just jolly. The elves are producing toys at an astounding pace, and we are really looking forward to all of the Christmas cheer coming up in a couple of weeks. However, the elves are mostly looking forward to watching that movie with the tall human ‘elf’ wearing the tights…what’s his name? Buddy?”           

Glad to hear it! Now let’s get down to business. Our readers want to know–do you really check your list twice?

“Of course I do! Up at the North Pole we like to check everything twice! Christmas only comes once a year, so we can’t afford any mistakes.”

What is your favorite winter activity?

“Well, even though I am an older man, I am still very much young at heart! I love to go sledding with the elves. What a blast we have together!”

Santa, exactly how long have you been delivering gifts at Christmas?

“I believe since the year 336, so approximately 1 and a half thousand years.”

Wow! That is amazing! Does it ever get boring to do the same thing every year?

“Not at all! This is what I love to do and it never feels the same. Every year there are new children, new dreams, and new joy. I could never be bored of the joy my work brings.”

To whom do you owe the most thanks for your success?

“Well, of course I could never get through Christmas without all that the elves and reindeer do. They really are the best helpers. However, I am most thankful for Mrs. Claus. She keeps me going in rough times and keeps me a jolly man.”

Do you actually enjoy being left cookies from the children on Christmas Eve?

“Of course I do. It is always nice to know they are grateful and thinking of me. Something I especially love is when some children not only leave me a treat, but also will leave snacks, such as carrots, for my reindeer. Boy, do they appreciate that! They really do work so hard to get me to every house in one night and I like to know the children are thinking of them as well.”

I know people tend to assume you love cookies and milk, but in reality, what is your favorite Christmas treat?

“My favorite treat is peppermint bark. I know many assume it is cookies, and I do love cookies, but I get so many of them! Peppermint bark is a nice change sometimes!”

Finally, what is your favorite thing about Christmas?

“That is easy! Joy! Christmas inspires so much happiness and brings people closer together. I believe that sharing joy with people you care about is the most beautiful thing in the world and the best way to spend your time.”

Santa will be making his annual trip around the world to deliver gifts on December 24th! If you listen closely, you might even be able to hear some reindeer hooves on your roof late at night!