Style > Beauty

Freeman Beauty Face Mask Review: “Definitely Give Them a Try!”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Around mid-October our Her Campus chapter received our Survival Kit from Her Campus Nationals full of tons of great stuff! There were colorful planners, sparkling water, Freeman face masks, hair ties, accessories from Aeropostale, candy, wallets, Bed Head products, tanning products, and many more great things! As a face mask lover, you can guess the items that stuck out to me the most were the Freeman face masks.

In our survival kit there were three different face masks. All of them are reviewed below. 

Side note: You can most likely get about three, maybe four masks out of each packet, so don’t feel like you have to use the whole packet when you open it, just put it in a Ziploc bag to keep it fresh.

1. Cucumber + Pink Salt Rejuvenating Clay Mask

Overall rating: 7/10

This was the first mask of the three that I decided to try. It smelled so fresh and delicious! It made you instantly want to apply it to your face. This mask is perfect to enjoy while relaxing, watching some Netflix, and drinking tea.

The cucumber and Himalayan pink salt exfoliate and detoxify your skin and you can really feel it happening.

However, the mask states that it is “perfect for all skin types,” but I first tried this mask when I had super dry skin and it stung a bit. So, it IS a great mask, but I highly recommend waiting to use it until your skin is more hydrated– it was much better when I did!

If you are interested in trying out this mask, you can purchase a 6oz bottle of it here for only $4.29.

2. Charcoal + Black Sugar Polishing Gel Mask + Scrub

Overall Rating: 9/10

The Charcoal mask was the second mask I tried. I ended up liking this mask better than the cucumber one. It is a great mask to use every so often because it really detoxifies your skin and lets it breathe. Since it’s a scrub it’s a bit rough when you rub it in, so make sure to do it gently.

This mask also smells great and leaves your skin feeling very clean. The charcoal works to absorb oil without drying out your skin, which is important. The black sugar then works as an exfoliator and makes your skin super soft!

3. Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Deep Clearing Clay Mask + Cleanser

Overall Rating: 10/10

The final mask I tried was the Deep Clearing Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser. Being an avid lover of tea tree, I was most excited to try this mask, which is why I saved the best for last!

The mask definitely didn’t let me down, as it ended up being my favorite of the three. The mask was gentle and didn’t dry out my skin. It left my skin feeling refreshed, clean, and soft. Also, the mask smells amazing! I also read that this mask is great for breakout-prone skin, so that is always a nice bonus.

The manuka honey in the mask helps make the mask gentle and it definitely nourishes the skin. The tea tree oil helps to control oily skin and refresh your pores. Finally, it is lighter than most clay masks and applies easily. Plus, it leaves your skin feeling moisturized. I love it!

Overall, I was very happy with all three of these face masks and I would definitely recommend them. Plus, they are a great value. Definitely give them a try!

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.