Wellness

Change The Way You Experience Your Period With ElleBox

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

What better subscription box than one that celebrates being a woman? That’s right, nothing! This past week I received my first Ellebox and let me tell you, I got it right on time because guess what came the next day? Well, my lovely monthly gift!

Ellebox is a monthly subscription box designed for women to have control over their bodies during their dreadful monthly menstrual cycle. The products they provide are all-natural and organic and have no hidden ingredients. This isn’t only great for your body, but also the planet.

There are two different boxes to choose from, and both are delivered to your door each month! Here are the two box choices:

The Essentials Box-

The Essentials box is cute and simple and makes sure that you have the basics covered for each month. It comes with a customized choice of 16 organic pads and/or tampons. If you choose tampons, you are also given the option if you want a plastic or cardboard applicator. This box is $10.99 which is basically what you pay to purchase a non-organic box of Tampons at Target or Walmart. Plus, this is delivered right to your door, so you don’t even have to leave the house!

The Comfort Box-

The Comfort Box is a step up from The Essentials Box. Like the Essentials Box, it comes with your choice of organic tampons and/or pads as well as your choice of plastic or cardboard applicators. However, this box also has delicious chocolate and tea as well as two self-care items! The price of The Comfort Box is $29.99, and it is definitely worth the cost for the items that you receive!

What is so great about Ellebox is that all of the products included are 100% organic and 100% good for you. Their tampons and pads contain no bleach, pesticides, chlorine, synthetic fibers or crude oil and let’s be honest; you don’t want any of that touching your body.

When you order an ElleBox, as their website states, “your tampons will be as healthy as your acai bowl.” Seriously, what else could you want during your time of the month?

Here is a look into the ElleBox I received this month. This box is The Comfort Box.

I chose to get all tampons in my box this month. I also decided to try out the cardboard applicators because I have never used them before and I ended up really liking them. I haven’t had any issues with any of the tampons, so I am very pleased with them! It is great to know that they are 100% organic and aren’t made up of anything nasty!

Cleanse Amoda Tea

This tea is great! It is a blend of organic ingredients, mainly herbs that work together to remove toxins in your body gently. This blend includes: roasted dandelion root, red clover blossom, nettle, marshmallow root, ginger, goji berries, chamomile, and licorice root. I really like drinking this tea when I wake up in the morning.

Om Organics Charcoal + Matcha Tea Face Mask-

I LOVE this product! It smells great and feels amazing on your skin. After you use it, you really feel fresh. It says it is meant for oily skin and breakouts and it definitely gets the job done. Very happy with this face mask and will probably purchase again in the future.

Red Lemon Natural Living Beyoutiful Daytime Face Serum-

This product smells amazing! I was a bit skeptical of putting this oil on my face because I thought it would make my skin feel super oily, but it doesn’t. Instead, it leaves my skin feeling very soft, moisturized, and smelling incredible! It is a blend of regenerative Argan oil, fortified with Gamma-Linolenic Acid which is sourced from Borage oil, and therapeutic essential oils. It definitely has helped with my dry skin this winter.

Truffle Pig Sea Salt Almond Dark Chocolate-

This might actually be the most delicious chocolate bar I have ever had. It is made out of great ingredients including Cane sugar, Nicaragua cocoa, Nicaragua cocoa butter, whole milk powder, coconut oil, and sunflower lecithin. The almonds give it a crunchy texture and hint of flavor. I swear the chocolate starts to melt in your mouth. You won’t get enough of this and will probably cry when it’s gone…at least I did.

A cute little health tip:  

If you are interested in ordering an ElleBox you can do so here!

(All photos by Corbyn Jenkins) 

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.
Katie Allen is Editor-in-Chief for Gustavus' Her Campus Chapter. She is currently in her fourth year as an English major. Her role models include Emma Watson, Hillary Clinton, and Leslie Knope.