13 Places That Give Me Insane Wanderlust

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

I don’t think I love many things as much as I love traveling. I love the amazing feeling that you get when you explore a place for the first time and think to yourself, “This place has been here my entire life, but somehow I had no idea” and from then on, you can’t imagine your life having not seen it. Whether it’s because of the amazing scenery, incredible history, or rich culture, there are so many places in this world that I want to explore.

If only I had unlimited funds and unlimited time to see it all. But alas, on a college student budget and college student schedule, some of my wanderlust will have to be put on hold. Until then, a girl can dream (seriously, the daydreams are never-ending) and proceed to Pinterest all of the gorgeous places I have yet to visit, but intend to someday. Here’s a list of all the swoon-worthy places I have yet to visit that have made their way to the top of my travel bucket list.

1. Isle of Skye, Scotland

2. Cinque Terre, Italy 

3. Lucerne, Switzerland

4. Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

5. Santorini, Greece

6. Vancouver, Canada

7. Reykjavik, Iceland

8. Cape Town, South Africa

9. Dubrovnik, Croatia

10. Heidelberg, Germany

11. Amsterdam, Netherlands

12. Milford Sound, New Zealand

13. Alesund, Norway

So whether I make my way to these places in the next year or years from now, I know someday that I’ll satisfy all my unwavering wanderlust. Until then, I’ll just sit here planning my dream trip trip around the world. 

Kjersten is a senior at Gustavus Adolphus College in Saint Peter, Minnesota. She is pursuing a major in English and one day hopes to work in the exciting world of book publishing. When she's not reading books or taking pictures of them for her blog, she loves watching period dramas (Outlander, Victoria, and Downton Abbey, to name a few), playing with her beagle, Rocky, and listening to Ed Sheeran on repeat. Kjersten serves as Senior Editor for the Gustavus Chapter of Her Campus.